Help with Integromat

I have an App where,

1. once the user creates profiles, I want to send them Welcome Email
  2. Once they make payment, want to send them Payment confirmation email.

I will have above details in the Google Sheets.

Thanks

Ok. So in general the simplest way to do this using Integromat, in my experience, would be as follows:

• Create a new scenario that starts with a module “Row Added to a Google Sheet”
  • Point this module at the sheet where you want to look for new rows
  • Add a subsequent module “Send Email” (this could be Google Mail or simple SMTP)
  • Within this subsequent module select a column from the sheet to extract as target email address

Integromat will offer columns that it found during the first module execution (loading the new row) as possible options to insert in the subsequent module (sending the email). So if your row contains the required email then you’re good to go.

Finally configure a schedule for this scenario so that it runs with your required frequency. You can also restrict to times of the day, days of the week etc.

I don’t know how your app is structured but it seems as though you may require two scenarios. One to monitor new user profiles and one to monitor new payments. Provided both involve new rows being added then the above strategy will work fine.

Good luck.

4 Likes

Thanks. This is really helpful.

I have update about both (profile completion and payment completion) in single row. Will it work?

Well typically in this type of scenario the first Integromat module will be configured to do one of the following:

• Look for new rows added to a Google Sheet
  • Look for changes to a Google Sheet
  • Read a range in a Google Sheet

All of these will result in Integromat providing you with some information about what it found. You will then use this information in a subsequent module. When you chain these modules together you get an Integromat scenario.

So, to try and answer your question, if you have everything that you need in a single row from the Google Sheet, you can then use this information in several subsequent modules, for example to email with a welcome message and also (in another module) to email about an order.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. I will try it and will let you know.

Ok. Easiest way to start would be to try and email when a new row is added to a Google Sheet. You could even use a test sheet just to get the idea of it. The steps would be:

1. Create new scenario
  2. Make the first module “Check New Row” in a Google Sheet
  3. Configure this module to look at your test sheet
  4. Then add a second module “Send Email”
  5. When you configure this module you will be able to use information gathered by the first module
  6. Assuming the test sheet has an email column you can therefore use that for your “send to”

You could maybe expand this by using another column for the email Subject and another for the Body even mixed with your own “free text”.

Good luck

2 Likes

Hi Guys (@V88 @Rosewebstudio ),

Here I come again for your help.

I am trying to create a scenario in Integromate wherein, Glide passes a data to Webhook which creates a google doc using Doc Template and then I want to send this document to User using Gmail.

I could successfully complete first two modules but I am not really sure how Gmail will fetch the generated document and send it to User.

After searching on Integromate, I found the below scenario.

I am stuck at the Download document module. It is giving an error. Can you please help me with this?

1 Like

Sure. But it would be helpful to know what the error is. That usually provides a good clue :wink:

I have a similar scenario running, except I used the GDrive module:

1 Like

Isn’t it this? :arrow_down: Or am I being dumb (don’t answer that)

1 Like

haha, no I was the one being dumb :rofl:
I’m so used to clicking the warning icon attached to the module to see what wrong, I forgot that the error is shown below.

So anyway… “file not found”
Kind of obvious…

• check permissions
  • check that you’re referencing the correct file ID
  • etc
2 Likes

Thank you. I will have a look at it and will get back to you.

Perhaps try using the GDrive module. That worked first time for me - all it needed was the file ID.

1 Like

Yes, I also thought to try GDrive module. Thanks

1 Like

@Pratik_Shah have you tried going to an Integromat partner to get support? Some offer free help. I promise you will have a solution and learn a lot.

Partners.Integromat.com

2 Likes

Thank you @asirota

I will surely try contacting one if I am stuck.

1 Like

For getting into integromat:
I only found basic tutorials on youtube, and 10 free mini courses here: https://automate.smartsol.ca/
Else, I find it’s learning by playing around a lot.