Hello Gliders !
I am trying to build a public app for a pizza restaurant. Should not be too hard but still i am finding some issues especially with the selection of options, shopping cart and check out.
Here is the situation, the restaurant sells:
- 3 product types (pizza, drinks, dessert)
- Each product types has multiple products (example: a pizza product type includes 4 seasons pizza, 4 cheeses pizza, and so on)
- Each product has several options to choose from (for instance for a specific pizza you could select from a list of extra cheese, extra vegetables, etc.)
My google sheet is set-up this way:
- one sheet with product types
- one sheet with products with link to the product types sheet through relation
- one sheet with the options for each product link to the product through relation
To be clear, with one specific example:
- Product Type = Pizza
- Product = 4 seasons [Product Type = Pizza] [Option available = Extra cheese]
- Option Extra Cheese = Mozza or goat
The UX flow is as follows:
- User enter the app and see a tab using a detail list of product types
- User select the product types he wants and then through inline list get the list of products that are linked to specific product type
- When product is selected, through choice components it requires the user to select the options linked to his product. These options update the product sheet in specific columns (that are not user specific as it is a public app)
- The user needs to decide if he will do pick or delivery
- If 2 public users are looking at the same product at the same time and one make some selection of the different options, then the other user will see the list of options affected as the choice component is pointing to the same sheet column. How can i solve that in a public app?
- as it is a public app, on check out, how and when can i ask the user to decide if he wants delivery?
- I can force the user to fill in the shipment information on check out but it is useless for someone willing pick up. What kind of solutions is available?
- Phone number if not required (yet) on check out. How can i get the user phone number and not his email?
I hope it is not too long topic to read and someone would be able to help me…