🆕 Grouping

:new: Introducing grouping! Just pick a column and Glide automatically groups the contents of your list. :broom::sparkles:

Grouping-min

35 Likes

@JackVaughan :+1:
It would be awesome if you everywhere it is possible to put in a text could allow for “rich text” (and thereby allow for different style headings) plus wrapping of text.

2 Likes

Actually at the moment the heading seems to small compared to the rest of the info on the screen

2 Likes

Great new feature!

1 Like

This is amazing. You won’t believe but I was just searching for the solution for doing this in the Community (if someone might have done this with a way around) and I found the New Feature. Great timing!

4 Likes

Oh how long I’ve waited for this feature! Thanks Glide team!

2 Likes

I can’t test this right now, but wondering if arrays show up as Group By options. Can anyone confirm?

Jeff, so this wasn’t there as an option until few hours ago. I think Enterito was the first to make a video and send it in. Sorry Jack your a little late !

Great feature !

AWESOME! Now I need to think back of the screen where I wanted this.

Oooh wait,… still cool,… and at the same time it didn’t work how I though it would.
So happy for the group tag,… I though it like auto created a group by,… so In the example above you would see with the Group By: Marketing department, Sales, etc TAP then you see the details,… but now you see the Group By label. And they are grouped.

Hello, everybody. I am new here. I am still learning , but I´ve already built some few apps.

I just tested this new grouping feature and I found a possible bug (maybe I did some mistake).

When I used it in a horizontal inline list, the 'see all" shows only for the first group. So it is impossible to see all the rows in others groups.

Another thing occurs. I can´t slide the tiles (or cards) out when I am at the Builder or when I am accessing the app via URL in a computer. The last group is the only that I can slide.
Using at smartphone this situation doesn´t occur and I can slide normally.

Never mind, about the issue with the “see all” I mentioned before. It was because the others groups didn´t have reached the number of itens. Sorry. My mistake.

But the problem with the slider at the Builder is still there.

this totally solves my repeater request. Thank You guys!

Is it possible to right align the header of each group?

1 Like

Finally :gun::gun:

Client of mine asked for a checkbox to add a separator between groups. Thought it was a good idea.

3 Likes

Great.

This is great - thanks. One minor tweak - Any chance of adding a sort by to it :wink:

1 Like

I think there may be an issue with the grouping. If you use, for example, a category field to group by, then the view will not display any items that have no category. In reality these should probably be grouped under an “unassigned” heading or something similar.

2 Likes