Google SEO and Glideapps

Hi

Are glide apps searchable via Google and other search engines?

Thanks,
Rich

11 Likes

Hey @R_TP.

We would like to look at this in future, but at the moment only the name and URL of your app is indexed. The content inside the app is not.

7 Likes

What’s the point if we build an app and no one on google can find it?
just sharing is like a child’s play, showing your friends and that’s it!

I understand this is not a “real application”, it’s just a nicer view of some PWA site, so at least index it!

2 Likes

This is only my opinion and most likely doesn’t cover everyone’s use case, but I feel it would be better to create a website that serves to describe your app and provide a link to it. If I am searching for something, I would rather be taken to a website as opposed to being taken directly into an app. I want to know what I’m getting into before I commit to that ‘Add to Home Screen’ button. All SEO optimization could happen on the website itself.

Obviously this wouldn’t cover the indexing if content that’s inside the app (micro blogs, points of interest, etc ), but would provide for a better launching point into the app for new users.

14 Likes

Launching an app is the perfect opportunity to go and learn webflow and build your own website too… :wink:

+1 @Jeff_Hager

4 Likes

Webflow is definitely the way to go

1 Like

Hi all,
Anyone managed to find a way around this or any suggestions.

1 Like

@K_D: The best way around this is to create a simple landing page to showcase your app and its features as this will not only give your users a nod of what to expect when they access it, but it will also give you SEO opportunities.

This is what we are doing using WordPress because it has excellent SEO plugins, especially as in our case we need to target users in European languages (although our app is primarily in English).

The main reason we are using WP, apart from the seo plugins, is because it was the platform we’d decided to built our site on until we discovered Glide. We’d already installed and implemented it, and started creating our content, so it made sense to stick with it.

Any new Glide apps we launch we will use something simpler such as Brizy.cloud which has a free plan and 4 methods of publishing your site. It’s a cloud based page builder, very easy to use.

Webflow is great, but I think the learning curve is quite steep and if you’re only using it for simple landing pages then it’s a bit like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, so as to speak (and it’s expensive).

WP is a similarly steep learning curve but we have been very familiar with it for the past few years; it has an array of well established plugins and in my opinion, better for SEO than webflow.

1 Like

Just to chip in, I have seems some use https://www.landen.co/ seems pretty easy to implement , but that just my humble opinion

1 Like

Does carrd have Google SEO? The $19/YEAR sounds heavenly.

@Rosewebstudio: cheers for the tip; looks great - gonna give it a spin this weekend!

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto: I’m guessing it does, but in my opinion Brizy.Cloud is better and you cannot beat $0 per year.

Lots of value in their 4 publishing methods - not seen this anywhere else.

2 Likes

@JackVaughan indexing my pro app content would be amazing for the directory app i’m building.

5 Likes

That’s what I use and it was really easy and flexible. No need to pay at the moment for what I’m using it for.

1 Like

The rave about progressive web apps is indexing content. I hope to see this soon, possibly to rid of old clunky websites and stick to PWA.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how any of these options help with content indexing? My glide app (mobile.toddl.co) is showcased through a wix landing page (toddl.co), so of course my landing page is optimised for SEO, but is there any way to make my app content also contribute towards SEO??

Just a few days back i was thinking about this and wanted to spend some time this weekend going through the forums to see if there was any discussion around SEO and Glide that has come up. Looks like someone bumped up a very good reference post.

My assumption that considering the Glide is a PWA, isn’t indexing something “easier” ( if i could call it like that ) compared to native apps? My assumption was based on the fact that if google analytics can tell me how a visitor has interacted with my app then google should be able to index the contents of my app also.

Even before seeing this thread i had already planned and kept aside a landing page that i wanted to build on top of WordPress and make use of the gazillion SEO features it offers and have CTA scattered all across the page leading to my app.

But happy to learn if there are better ways of doing it or if Glide has a diff plan itself to handle it. (But i have my own apprehensions considering the Vision of Glide and what its meant for and that Google indexing might not be in scope or fall under this radar)

-Shiv

1 Like

@StephM How did you set up the filters for your listings?

Ask @ThinhDinh he’s the expert.

2 Likes

It’s all based on this thread started by Jeff.

2 Likes