Glide to WhatsApp,

How can i connect Glide to WhatsApp, please?

Thanks

This is an App Script solution. Otherwise you can try integrating with API using the documentation here.

5 Likes

Hola @iEnglish_Academy

You can also use wawebplus and Integromat to do it on the back-end.

If I find the tutorial later, I’ll paste it here.

3 Likes

I have steps in points
thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi
I’ve reviewed the tools you proposed here, as well as other tools such as PickyAssist, SendPulse and others.
WhatsApp has always been a challenging nut to crack as it is so closed and jailed. I don’t want to use the term “jailbreak”, although is seems WA is pushing us to do so. We’re willing to pay to get more flexibility, but that’s not on the table with them. As far as I know, they’re also super-hard with platforms such as Integromat and others.
So, we’re left with workaround that are awkward at best. To start with a summary: I’d like to use a multi-account service, allowing us to route WA messages between these accounts while keep full traceability.
What I currently do is create a link using the wa.me URL. Into this link I program the phone number (usually for a client) and the message text. The user then clicks on this link and WA opens a new chat window as programmed. This is working great on both PC and mobile devices, but it’s not automated in full. A major challenge with this use case is that the app has no ability to know if the user has indeed sent the message. It can know if user clicked on the URL link, but nothing is known after that. Another obvious shortcoming is the complete lack of ability to handle incoming messages from clients. We have no problem that the actual chats are taking place inside the account managers WhatsApp as these are always linked to a company-owned device. In fact, we prefer to allow the account managers the ease of working with WA as normal as possible.

Using your service, I hope to be able to upgrade to the following use-case, presented in a somewhat chronological order in relation to the client life-cycle inside our apps:

1. Once an account manager finished the initial introduction call with a new lead, our system (using Integromat) will send the lead an onboard message. The ideal scenario is that your system can send the message from the account managers WA account, while logging the message in the client card (Google Sheets). As said before, all WA accounts are ALWAYS on company-owned devices so we’re fine with adding all of them under your system. If this isn’t possible, we’re fine with having this message sent from a “general” WA business account.
  2. From this point forward, the system should log all chats and transactions with the client, preferably using webhook/Integromat. If the introduction message from the previous point has been sent from a general WA account, your system should forward the message to the account managers WA. Here, again, the goal is to log all transactions (including media, files, etc).
  3. Assuming lead turned to client, our app will send them automated messages from time to time, such as meeting confirmations/reminders, etc. Such messages are indeed better sent from the general WA business account. Furthermore, ideally, your system should allow us to build something like a bot to track responses. For example, send “1” to confirm a meeting, etc. Such automated messages are now sent via SMS, into which I program links leading to webhooks. For example, click here to confirm the meeting. click here if you’d like us to call you, etc. Each webhook is triggering a different scenario inside Integromat.

All in all, the idea is to have WA feed in and out of the apps. Now, all we can do is generate a URL which provides us with ZERO traceability of these transactions with the clients.

Thanks

@Test_test I hope you find this tool useful

Thanks, this looks cool but I don’t like services that request credit card from the get go… :frowning:

1 Like

The guys at Picky Assist were kind enough to answer my request for an Integromat tutorial. Works like a charm :+1:
https://pickyassist.com/blog/whatsapp-integration-into-integromat/

2 Likes

Hi @Test_Test , thanks for sharing, i must agree, i also prefer to keep the credit card details until i actually decide to signup or use the service in the long run.

it seems from your comments you have done some integrations to trigger whatsapp messages from your glide app. Im trying to get a better idea on the expectation i can set with a prospective client regarding the cost - please see below a few assumptions:

if you can please confirm:
  • i assume the base software cost would then be the glide account (assuming pro); integromat as well as pickyassist?
  • do you normally sign the accounts up with the clients details or do you sign up under your own and pass on the cost to the client?
  • when you do integrate whatsapp, i assume you use a whatsapp business user number owned by the client? assuming you dont need to get involved in whatsapp message costs etc?

thanks

Hi @IlseB,
Yes, so far PickyAssist have been the easiest to work with.

Correct

I would suggest to have everything under your name and then resell.

The beauty of tools such as PickyAssist is that they imitate a “regular” user, either on WA business or WA personal (but not WA API). So, everything that is applicable to a normal user will apply here as well (such as sending/calling/etc at no cost). You are also not required to use pre-approved template, react within the 24h window, or any other limitation imposed by the API.
The downside is that WA doesn’t really “like” these solutions. In theory, they can block your number. However, if you’re using a virtual number, it will take you about 2 min to change it to another random virtual number. Such a number change is sometimes subject to cost, but it depends on the virtual operator. The number itself also costs money and it is advised to avoid the free number options out there.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Would you mind clarifying this in a bit more detail for me:

• If the client asks me which whatsapp number they can use, should i suggest a virtual number or using the “branch managers” work phone whatsapp?
  • where is the best place to get a virtual number in your opinion?

thanks

That’s depending on the use case, for example: do we want to “inject” messages into an existing/active account? do we want to seperate messages that came from/to the automated system, etc.

I think this will mainly depend on the geographical location you wish to be “virtual” in. Not all operators offer numbers outside their native market.

I just received an update that
WhatsApp Business has now an integration on make.com WhatsApp Business Cloud (make.com)

2 Likes

please try my glidepage which has been integrated with whatsapp.

I tried sending twice but have not received the message in my whatsapp

1 Like

Sorry for the late message because the device or WhatsApp demo number was not connected.

I have fixed it…please try again