🎅 Glide Holiday App-off — Win a new MacBook Air!

Lucas, Don’t forget to announce approval here so I can make 100 copies !

2 Likes

This is looking really great with nice concept built into it.

1 Like

Sure! And thank you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :tada:

1 Like

Thanks to you too, Glide Team! :green_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you @George_B, and @Mark! Mark just fixed all the compound actions on my Santa.

2 Likes

I took on the challenge of creating a Secret Santa app! It was a fun logic problem:

• Match with other users but not yourself
  • Exclude users that have already been matched
  • Allow users to set up different groups
  • Let uses share their wishlist ideas

It’s definitely pushing the limits of what Glide can do without implementing scripting or complex functions/queries. Here’s the little promo I made. First time submitting to the Template Store, so curious to see how complex actions migrate into it! If anyone has any trouble, please let me know so I can fix it.

10 Likes

Yeah, I had to at first think how to add the random chosen person to my secret santa part of my app without using script, but once I got going on it it was pretty fun. :grin:

2 Likes

That’s quite afew secret Santa apps now. I didn’t understand exactly what the concept behind it all was until I delved a little deeper into it. That’s when I decided to do a little detour and turn into something else.

1 Like

Yeah, I probably should of described it better, maybe like this:
SECRET SANTA!NETFLIX FOR HOLIDAYS!,WISH LIST!, XMAS GAMES!, CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY COUNTDOWN!, HOLIDAY RECIPES!,SANTA TRACKER!, STOCKING STUFFER IDEAS!, AND MORE!!!

But unfortunately I was in a hurry and distracted…

1 Like

Well done Lucas! It’s great to see a meaningful and good looking app.

1 Like

Curious what your strategy was! The app I built centered on relations to a central Gifts table, with logic to conditionally show/hide UI elements - but there had to be about 5 other steps in between

I actually built the gift idea and completely forgot about the secret santa until I was almost posting it and realized I didnt have it so I slapped together a idea after about 5 minutes of straight brain farts and knocked it out in about 40 minutes, maybe a little less. But it was honestly an after thought.

1 Like

The most time consuming I think was the Elves Deployment Center and the recipes. I wanted not just a template but something everyone could enjoy as it was with no additional addons, but leave the ability to customize. Randomizing GPS coordinates and keeping them in the united states was fun.

1 Like

Yeah, it took me quite a few hours to set up the logic required to have a true secret santa name picker. It’s harder than it looks. I wanted to do a deep dive into Actions though for an upcoming project, so this was my opportunity.

It looks good, I think a lot of people set out to do a secret santa in the beginning then realized it wasn’t as easy as they had thought and just moved on. I actually make probably 2 glide apps a day just testing logic ideas for weird crap my supervisors ask for and if I cant get Glide to do it then it doesn’t go in the app and I build elsewhere. Here’s a game I started building using some of their questions. I don’t know if I should keep building on it or just can the idea and be glad I learned something.

6 Likes

Wow! really cool stuff! You really should submit this.

It needs like 5 more stages at least I would think. It would take a few more hours to finish up.

1 Like

I don’t think what you’re attempting here has been done before (I could be wrong though as games is not exactly my cup of tea), but this one looks really cool. I saw one by Robert which I really liked. I like the bit where you are actually decorating the tree. Just shows how far Glide has come.

The tree decorating could of been done in Glide from the beginning actually. The only new thing I’m using is incrementing from inline items w/o jumping into the inline items.

1 Like

Hi Gliders,

Hope everyone is safe and well!

It’s sad that my app is not approved. :pensive:

1 Like