UPDATE: We have our winners!
Thank you so much to everyone who entered our first-ever Glide Community Challenge for the new Glide Actions and Integrations.
We had a ton of amazing entries from Gliders all around the world, and we had a ton of fun watching the demos of what you all built.
This was a very hard decision, but we do have a winner:
Congratulations to Lucas Pires from Lution for his submission, Mamma mIA
Lucas (@Lucas_Pires) combined the power of Glide Actions with OpenAI and DocsAutomator to create a useful app. He put together a great demo for it, and then went above and beyond with a written article on LinkedIn explaining what he built.
Congrats, Lucas! We’ll be in touch with your prize.
We have five runners up, including an Editor’s Pick:
- TimotejX for creating a CRM virtual assistant. It’s a nice, practical use case that’s very much in the spirit of who we’re building Glide for.
- Daniel for using OpenAI’s image generation capabilities in a clever way for Dunder Directory. We can’t pass up a good Office reference!
- Githigi Ndegwa for learning by building. He’s created a simple app for a powerful use case: recording and transcribing audio notes for journalling and mood tracking.
- François Douville for creating a children’s book using Glide. A very creative app!
- Matthew Shanks for the most creative use of Glide. Matthew gets our Editor’s Pick for pushing boundaries of what Glide can be used for.
All runners-up will receive a special Challenge Winner badge here in the community.
- Robert Petitto (@Robert_Petitto) delivered a great, bite-sized demo of solving a real-world problem using Actions & Integrations. Check it out!
- We’ll have Robert on for an upcoming Build With Glide + AI session in July. Subscribe to the Glide Events calendar for updates on that.
Thanks again to everyone who participated!
See you for the next Glide Community Challenge.
Original challenge post, for posterity:
To celebrate the launch of Glide Actions, we’re hosting our first Glide Community Challenge.
The challenge is simple:
Build an app using the new Glide Actions and integrations.
Here’s how it works:
- Build a new Glide app
- Include a custom action and at least one integration
- App can be public or private
- Record a video walking through what you built (we’re fans of Loom)
- Share it on LinkedIn or Twitter with brief description of your app
- Include #glideactions and tag Glide – Twitter or LinkedIn
- Top 5 entries get a Challenge Winner badge here in the community
- One winner will receive a grand prize of $1000 USD
- Wednesday, June 14th at 9pm PST
Entries are open to all plan levels and there’s no limit on the number of apps you can submit.
Winners will be chosen by the Glide team following our round table on June 15th.
We can’t wait to see what you build!