🎅 Glide Holiday App-off — Win a new MacBook Air!

This week, we’ll add a Holiday category to the Template Store.

We thought it would be fun to have a friendly competition to see who can build the best holiday app.

App Ideas

• Secret Santa
  • Family Gift Tracker
  • Gift Request App
  • Holiday Games
  • Something sentimental, like a holiday wish app

Contest Rules

1. Your template should be submitted under the Holiday category, which will soon become available.
  2. Your template must follow the normal template store guidelines.
  3. Needless to say, your app must be approved in the Template Store to enter the contest.
  4. The contest results will be announced January 15.

The Prizes

Top Five Apps

Creators of the five most popular Holiday apps will get a Glide t-shirt and a free year of Glide Pro.

We’ll measure popularity by the unique number of Glide accounts that copy your app. For this reason, we suggest making your template free to copy.

Grand Prize

The creator of the best holiday app, as judged by the Glide team, will get a Glide t-shirt, a year of Glide Pro, and a new MacBook Air (the perfect laptop for building more Glide apps)!

40 Likes

Personally, I think an easy-to-use, easy-to-share secret gift swap app would clean up!

9 Likes

Does it count if we build it in staging?

If you build it in staging, you will not be able to submit it to the template store, so you will likely not win!

3 Likes

Damn, I just bought the new MacBook Air a few weeks ago :joy:

I’ll try something for sure to get a shirt !!

2 Likes

When’s it due?

The contest ends January 15.

2 Likes

Can you enter more than once?

2 Likes

Yep!

1 Like

Nice.

How can we apply and what is the timeline to build, summit, and announcement of winners

when will the template be added

I have the perfect secret Santa jewish santa app :wink:
Not really familiar with your holidays traditions so hard to think of a unique app app but if I need to get I’ll put my money on @Robert_Petitto to win with some crazy app that makes you coffee in the holidays morning, cut the grass (randomly) while making you massage and sending mini charts to students for some holidays homework :rofl:

12 Likes

@Robert_Petitto I can see that Mac on your desk soon

3 Likes

@Robert_Petitto shouldn’t be allowed to play, it’s unfair for the rest :joy::joy:

4 Likes

:rofl:
Now THAT would be an app.

My app won’t be anything crazy—just something practical with some neat compound action logistics.

6 Likes

Ohhhh. I know exact what app I’m going to do - and it’s not one of your suggestions David!

1 Like

I covered all of this in the post.

3 Likes

Me when @Robert_Petitto talks about submitting multiple apps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmcd7XZ6ppk

5 Likes