Glide Desktop app for admin dashboard

Iframe is still not working, and I think there’s a security concern here, same with not being able to embed iframes into Gmails. People can use it to start a phishing attack.

I have my Glide App working perfectly in an iframe within a webpage on all platforms except on an iPhone (iPad is okay). On the iPhone the App begins to load and then crashes the page. Currently looking for a solution to this.

Is it possible to share the page that has the app in an iframe working properly and the code you’re using to embed it? I haven’t been able to get iframes to work with Glide apps.

I can’t share a link to the page as it is a members only booking system. But I have attached an image.

It reformats to accommodate mobile devices (Android & iPad) and as I said, on an iPhone it formats correctly then, as it loads data, crashes the page.

The code is really simple:

.iframe-container { overflow: hidden; position: relative; } .iframe-container iframe { top: 0; border:1px solid #ccc; width: 80%; height: 900px; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); margin-bottom:20px; margin-top:20px; }
		<div class="iframe-container" align="center">
				<iframe src="https://xxxxx.glideapp.io/"></iframe>
			</div> 

The Glide App is also simple in that it doesn’t contain images or video.

6 Likes

Yes! It’s working!! I used to use the same code and it never worked (apparently blocked by Glide for security reasons). Something must have changed and now it works. I love it!!!

1 Like

Great news!
I have just fixed the iPhone problem. iframe height=“900” was blowing it up. Changed it to “600” and all okay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The workaround i found for Google Sites is you can embed the New Google sites as an Iframe inside a Classic Google sites, which can then be used in Glide…

Thank you, unfortunately classic sites will be deprecated at end of this year.

Thanks for sharing! This solution works perfectly for me on my Wordpress site.

Confirming it also works for me in Wordpress sites! :raised_hands:

Thanks @malcolm for the tip!

I built a kiosk that is used on a vertical screen in mobile view and the employees are entries and access them via a desktop using the tablet view

Is this kind of what you were looking for?

also discovered that you can use the sites.google URL instead of a custom domain and it will show in web view…

1 Like

Hey Aymen,

Sorry was out of the office last week.

No luck on iframes :disappointed:: Glide Desktop app for admin dashboard - #38 by david

1 Like

With using a Google Sheet for data and Glide for an end user portal I have created admin portals using Appsheet. yes there’s additional cost with Appsheet but you get full control over data for the admin users.

2 Likes

@Mark_Turrell very interesting!

3 Likes

the problem is that there are sooooo many features that you can literally do everything and if you are not fully educated on the hows you will think that there are limitations, but so far everything looks possible… check Tutorials on what Roberto has built and you will be impressed

Hi @Mark, is Glide is now embeddable ?
(I would like to use an app to modernize part of a Wix website)
Thanks

It is, but only by request, and only if you have a Business or Enterprise plan.

2 Likes

Thank you @Darren_Murphy

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.