Glide Closing Screens When Other Users Update Table Details

Hello,

I have a glide app that uses google sheets as the main database. I have a screen that uses a slide in for users to fill in details related to that item in the database. When users are entering data periodically the screen refreshes wiping out the slide in and making it blank. It has taken me a while to track down when this is happening, but I figured it out and want to know if there is a work around. Whenever a different user submits details that create a new line the main gsheet, that is when the details are being hard refreshed.

I have tried a to use main, slide in, overlay, and current, all behave the same way.

I also have experienced the same behavior with web embeds on a show new screen, whenever a new line of data is pushed to the google sheet from another user, the web embed reloads, this is frustrating because within that web embed I have a complex gravity form that is hosted on a shell website. the ONLY way I can have it not refresh is if it opens a link and a new window to that web embed. But this takes users out of the app and the workflow is a bit annoying.

Has anyone figured out a work around for this?

I don’t have any advice. Guess it’s not something I’ve noticed, but my user base is 1 or 2 people at most. The only thing I would ask is if you have any kind of sortingor filtering that would cause things to reshuffle when new row is added. Also, do you utilize RowID in your tables so Glide can better track rows in your google sheets data?

1 Like

To address the form screen reloading, a custom form would probably address the issue.

Also, not a workaround per se, but if you haven’t considered it yet is there any chance you would use Glide Tables rather than Google Sheets? No Google Sheets, no sync, no screen reload.

As for the web embed, similar comment. It sounds like you are using Glide, Gravity Forms and Google Sheets. Any chance you could move things over to Glide Tables to simplify your tech stack and remove syncing issues?

1 Like

I guess I have a few things to sort out.

1. I use google sheets because it is being populated by make/integromat autnomously, and there are some specific formulas that are in place that are needed. If there was a way to copy the info from google sheets over to a glide table from integromat via the API, that could suffice, but this would use more operations in google sheets.

My app is quite complex, I have just under 200 columns of data points that are needing to be tracked in the one specific sheet.

1. I cannot use the custom forms because my form is quite complex as well and heavily relies on the use of webhooks, query string data, and it is a conditional logic form that changes based on the input in the form. It updates the row instead of creating new rows. unless no row exists then it creates a new row. My integromat scenarios are quite complicated and intense!

I would like to use glide tables for everything as the sync is instantaneous, but I feel that I cannot get the data I need without the inbuilt calculations without ALOT of rework, or it wouldn’t work at all.

My tech stack uses: gravity forms, integromat/make, google sheets, glide. I thought this was as simple as it can get :slight_smile:

If someone would build glide tables integrations with make.com / integromat, this would be way more helpful to get this done. I have worked directly with API before but am not comfortable doing it for lots of work. currently all that integromat offers is triggering on a glide action, which is no different than a webhook trigger, its redundant.

What sort of formula are you using in Google Sheets? Can you talk us through that to see if it can be moved to Glide?

That sounds to me like it’s better to use custom forms if you are “relying on the use of webhooks, query string data”. Can you explain more?

You can still do it with a custom form. I think the main problem here is the updates count, if you have a big form.