Filter collection by math column date

Hey there, I’m trying to filter a collection where the date field matches a second math column with a date.

• If I use a regular date column that works great
  • If I use the math column with a date, I’m not getting any results.

The math column has the value date + 1, which shows the correct result, but the filter doesn’t yield any results. When I use only date (without +1), the result comes out alright.

Sometimes what you see as a timestamp (date-time column) in the data editor is not exactly what you get. The date-time column includes both a date and time, and you might be comparing two values that have the same date but different times.

Two ideas :

1. You could change your date-time columns to a yyyymmdd format and compare those numbers.
  2. Make sure the times in the date-time columns are exactly the same, for instance 00:00:00. I’m not sure I would even trust this approach, because you might be able to remove hours, minutes and seconds to get to midnight, but I’m not too sure about milliseconds and beyond. Idea 1 should work.

The following might help:

2 Likes

Thanks @nathanaelb your guide was very helpful.

The date format conversion worked did the trick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.