Filter based on customer profile inputs

I am looking to filter a job board - based on inputs received from a customer during their sign up process.

can someone guide me?

1 Like

How many and what kind of inputs? Can some inputs be empty or would all of them need to be filled?
You would need a row for each user with their email address. Then based on their inputs, you would create a relation to build your list. This can either be really easy or really complicated based on how many and what kind of inputs you want. I have a slightly above basic example in https://concepts.glideapp.io/. Just look for Dynamic List Filter.

It looks like you’ve already found this thread but @gvalero has a pretty good example app in there.

@Jeff_Hager

Hi Jeff thanks for the response.

No the key input will be a required field. The logic of my idea is

IF university_degree = X THEN show all jobs tagged with X

X will vary from user to user. X is also in on a user profile tab and Jobs is on a different tab

I can’t build this in excel as the sheet wont know who the current user is

So what you would do in this case is create a Relation column in the Jobs sheet that will link the Degree column to the Degree in the Users sheet. Then create a Lookup that uses the relation to pull back a list of Emails that match that degree. You can use that Lookup column in the filter for the list to only show the Jobs where the email in the lookup column is signed in user.

thanks for breaking this down … but this is still a little difficult. Could you possible provide an example? i imagine this will be a common requirement for many app builders. Relational filters

This is one example that I had created recently.

https://6pbvq.glideapp.io/

If you copy it and look at the Posts sheet, you will see how the relation and lookup is set up. That lookup column is used to filter the second inline list on the Choice tab.

Hello @Jeff_Hager thank you for taking some time to help. In my case All of the inputs need to be filled. I need 3 choice components in cascade. The first one is for countries, the second one is for cities and the third one is for Districts, I need then to be dinamic becuse I need to choose the cities for the country selected on the first choice and the districts of the citie selected on the second choice.

@AlfredoZGC For the future, this is a separate topic, so start a new one next time.

• You will need a sheet that lists all of the Countries.

• You will need another sheet that lists all of the Cities and the associated Country.

• You will need a sheet that lists all of the Districts and the associated City and the associated Country. Create a template column that joins the the Country and City into one column.

• First create a choice component that points to the sheet that contains your Country list. Select a column to save the selected Country.

• Next create a relation column that looks at the selected Country column and links it to the Country in the Cities sheet.

• Next create a choice component that uses the relation above to get a list of Cities for the selected Country. Select a column to save the selected City.

• Next create a template column that joins the Selected Country and City into one column.

• Next create a relation column that uses the template created above and links it to the Country/City template column in the Districts sheet.

• Finally create a choice component that uses the relation above to fill it with a list of Districts for the selected Country and City. Select a column to save the selected District.

FYI: This will not work in Add/Edit/Form mode. This will only work when View mode when viewing a record in the Detail style view.

@Jeff_Hager I’m sorry, I should have created a new topic, is my bad.

Thanks a lot for your help. I need this to work in Form mode, Thanks any way for your help

If you can set up these choice components on a detail screen prior to clicking on the form button, then you should be able to pass all of the selections into the form.

Do you mean I should have a detail screen where the user will fill this data and then call my form?. is not a possibility for me, in this particular case I need the user to fill Country, City and District on my Form

Yes, I understand, but you cannot use relations to fill related choice components based on a prior choice inside of a form. You can only set visibility to show different choice components based on a value in a prior choice component. In your case, you would probably need hundreds of choice components to achieve this. If you allow the user to make their selections on a detail screen, then the relations will work and you can pass the selections into the form. This would be a great use case for user specific columns. I know it’s not the perfect solution, but it’s the only one I can think of that would work.

Thank you very much @Jeff_Hager I understand. Yes I’m using a lot of choice components hidding then and shonig according the previuos choice component value. I will think to make a new screen, I appreciate your help!

1 Like