Dynamic filter with choice

Hey ,

I made a choice component and i want to filter data by selection.
So the choice have a relation to the data.
How the list ( with the source of the relation) knows a different choice was selected/ changed?

Here we go again! :slight_smile:

There are 2 pills for that headache as example so far:

The @Jeff_Hager’s one here https://concepts.glideapp.io

And mine with Dynamic Choices using Relations, you can see it https://dynchoices.glideapp.io

Saludos

2 Likes

Hey,

Thanks,
I didnt ask how to it.
I don’t Understand ,why it works?

If all you need is the why… It’s because entry fields on a detail view screen update the sheet immediately. This allows for the relation column to immediately take over and use that updated value to update the relation. If the relation is used for an inline list, then the list is immediately updated with the updated relation data referencing the updated choice.

1 Like

@gvalero: Just tried looking at your dynchoice example app but it requires me to sign up and login.

Yes but not problem @garrison.

I used per-user data feature to make it multiuser and this is the reason.

Feliz dĂ­a!

@gvalero if you ever wanted to switch it back to public, you could switch to using user specific columns in your private tab. It will work whether a user is signed in or not, except at this time if a user isn’t signed in, the app won’t save their selections after closing the app.

1 Like

Yes @Jeff_Hager, I know that

As soon as I have more “free” time, I will fix my demo to improve that

Gracias por el consejo!

1 Like

@gvalero: it wasn’t a criticism; it was an observation. I don’t want to sign up in order to see the app.

@gvalero I hear you on the free time. I have a lot on my to-do list as well :wink:

@garrison I don’t use my personal email for testing apps. I use another one for that, so that’s always an option. Since @gvalero does have his app set to copyable, you can just copy it for yourself and test it that way. You would want to anyway to see the inner workings.

1 Like

I am confused too about this, I am trying to understand:

Sheet 1
P1 (Choice 3 - Values, this list that contains some of the values that you wish to see in the 3rd choice component’s result)
S1 (Choice 2 - Values)

Sheet 2
S2 (Choice 2 - Values) (This list is a replica of S1, it is needed to create the relationship (S1 to S2))
N2 (This list can have values were one value matches multiple values in S2)

Sheet 3
N3 (Choice 1 - Values) (This list is a replica of N2 but it is not showing repeated values, it is needed to create the relationship (N2 to N3))
R1 (This is where the result of choice component 1 appears and the values come from N3)
R2 (This is where the result of choice component 2 appears and the values come from S2)
R3 (This is where the result of choice component 3 appears and the values come from P1)

I am confused.

I am trying to use this to be able to sort through my plants lists faster.
For example: one plant can come in many container sizes, and each container size has a different price. Each species prices differ so I cannot just make a generic list for example (1G = $5) because each species costs me different prices.

For the multi choices:

I am trying to understand:

In sheet 1 (Usuarios)
Usuario Column (Unique values)
Meses Column (Not Unique Values)

Sheet 2 (Meses)
Meses Column (Unique Values)
Categoria Column (Not Unique values)
R_xx (Relationship between Meses (Uniqur values) to Meses (Not Unique Values)

Sheet 3 (Años)
Categoria (Unique Values)

MesBuscar (result comes from R Choice 2)
Anobuscar (result comes from Categoria (Unique Values))
UsuBuscar (result comes from R Choice 3)

R Choice 2 ( relationship between Anobuscar to Categoria Column)
R Choice 3 (relationship between Categoria to Meses Column).

I am confused, I do not know how relationships work XD.