My app’s URL: https://app.maricopahealthy.org/
Hello. There appears to be a bug with the Favorites workflow. NOTE: This issue only occurs when the user initiates the favorites workflow for the first time after signing in.
In the above video, you’ll see the user:
- Taps to enter the Recipes section.
- Taps Anything Goes Stir Fry, then taps the heart to fav the recipe.
- The active state of the fav icon flashes on momentarily and the user is prompted for email to sign in with a PIN.
- User enters PIN, is signed in, and returned to recipe screen but the fav icon is now deactivated.
- User taps the back button and then taps My Favorites, but the Anything Goes Stir Fry recipe is not listed.
- User taps the back button and then taps Anything Goes Stir Fry again to enter the record, this time the fav icon is active.
- User taps the back button and then taps My Favorites, the Anything Goes Stir Fry recipes is now listed.
- User goes back to Home Screen, re-enters Recipes, taps Anything Goes Stir Fry, then taps the Fav icon to remove it as a favorite.
- User taps the back button and then taps My Favorites, the Anything Goes Stir Fry recipe is no longer listed as expected.
Again, this bug appears only when the user initiates the favorites workflow for the very first time. It would be great to get this fixed since the first impressions are the ones that last.
We’ll look into it. Thank you for reporting!
Awesome, I appreciate you taking time to look into this and get back to me. Thx
I’m also experiencing issues with Favorites remaining active! I haven’t figured out the trend, but as of a few days ago, many users are reporting that their favorites aren’t saving. I appreciate you @Mark!
@MegannLock The issue @gannonatwork is reporting is related to users not being logged in when they use the Favorite component. We think we know what this issue is, and will fix it soon. Is the problem you’re seeing different, i.e. do you see users losing favorites even when they’re already logged in when they lose Favorite?
I appreciate you both weighing in. The only time I can replicate this issue is right after signing in but, to clarify, the issue does happens in both of the following scenarios:
- When the user is signing in for the first time in the app and requires a PIN; or
- The user taps a Favorite icon and the app re-authenticates the user automatically w/o a PIN.
As always, I appreciate the Glide team looking into a fix. Thx!
Correct! I’ve been trying to replicate/pinpoint the issue, and all I’m seeing is that perhaps the user is tapping the heart too quickly and immediately navigating away from the screen.
We’ve actually done some work to mitigate this issue, so it shouldn’t happen anymore.
If it’s still reproducible, please send us another video.
No issues anymore on our end, works well. A big “thank you” to the Glide team for addressing this so quickly! Thx