๐Ÿ†• Excel Workbook in beta (Staging)!

5 Likes

finally realized

Please try it and share your feedback!

1 Like

Hi Lisa,

possibly, can you provide a short reason why to choose Workbook instead of Googlesheet?
I mean if there are important differences that may lead us to choose one instead of the other.
thx

I could see business preference as a reason. Some businesses might be heavily into using Microsoft products and some might be heavily into using Google products. Another reason could be that some businesses have internal systems to populate excel sheets with data automatically or by user input from internal users. It easier to use what youโ€™re familiar with instead of migrating all of your data to a different platform.

6 Likes

In a short time Glide has launched two different table platforms.
Is Glide also ready for the problem of migrating between platforms?

Agreeing with @Jeff_Hager , itโ€™s more so preference and where your data already lives. Many larger businesses use Microsoft products exclusively - and itโ€™s near impossible for teams to convince IT/Tech departments to adopt different platforms like Airtable or Google Sheets for security concerns, etc.

Iโ€™ve also worked with clients who had all their data and formulas nicely housed in Excel and dealt with the frustration of finding a way to duplicate all their hard work in a Google Sheet.

For businesses whose workflow and operations already live in Excel, this will make it 100x easier to extend their workflow into a custom mobile solution where they can access/edit data in a mobile app vs. opening an Excel sheet on desktop.

@david excited to test this and give feedback later in the week.

7 Likes

Canโ€™t argue with any of that, butโ€ฆ ewww, itโ€™s Excel :nauseated_face:
Oh well, I guess it had to happen sooner or laterโ€ฆ

5 Likes