šŸ”— Enhanced Link to Screen Action

Hi, for a very basic usecase (a HomePage menu linking to existing pages), Iā€™m struggling a bit with setting-up the Relation column for the new ā€œLink to Specific Screenā€ functionality.

I have created & customised in Glide three pages: 1. Lessons | 2. Challenges | 3. Dashboard

To setup my HomePage, in the ā€œHomeā€ table, I created 1 column with the table names (1. Lessons | 2. Challenges | 3. Dashboard).

But how to setup the relationā€¦

• relate with what ? how to relate to several different pages in 1 column?
  • will it lead to my existing pages or create new ones (I would have to rebuild everything)
  • and are there Users consequences due to Glide requiring it to be ā€˜user specificā€™?

Thanks !

1 Like

Do you store these pages in 3 sheets?

Hi @ThinhDinh

I have 4 sheets (the 3 on top of ā€˜HomePageā€™ being already created in Glide, so I just want to link to them):

• HomePage
  • Lessons
  • Challenges
  • Dashboard

You can just link to those screens like Jeff stated here, or am I missing something?

In fact I think that ā€œIā€ am missing something; Iā€™ve looked at this post for an hour and donā€™t understand why I cannot replicate itā€¦

The doubt that I have is whether this linktoscreen new function enable to link with an already customised page in glide.

1 Like

Itā€™s not. You can link to the sheet that contains the data and customize it however you like.

Ok, thanks.

So, if Iā€™m correct, I:

• first: have to build the ā€œhome pageā€ with the menu
  • second: then basically link to screen and build each page from there; therefore, I must not add each page in the Tabs section.

I feel like my question is coming back to my very basics 2 months ago!! So sorry, but Iā€™m surely missing (a big) something with regards to this functionnality

Yes thatā€™s what I meant. Try it and tell us if something is wrong compared to your expectations.

Hi!
Is it possible to use ā€œlink to screenā€ to link to another tab?

@Jim_Parish this isnā€™t possible but would be really nice. Pls make it a feature request in the feature request app

3 Likes

@Jim_Parish
For the time being, in my understanding, to link to another tab you would need to link to the same sheet (as that tab) and then configure the link tab exactly as the tab in your navigation.

(I hope this makes sense.)

Is it possible to Link to a previously created Screen from a different Tab?

Ex:
On Tab 1, I created a Button that performs a Link to Screen Action via relation, called ā€œScreen 1ā€. Iā€™d like to create a Button on Tab 2 that navigates to ā€œScreen 1ā€?

Not yet. Please vote.

2 Likes