Editing for shop owners in marketplace

Thanks Robert.

I had already started with the method of creating a new sheet, so I finished that (I will now try your other suggested method).

So far… I created a duplicate ‘directory-listings’ sheet call ‘directory-listings-editable’. Then I linked it to a new sheet that replaces ‘directory-listings’ and which is now an automatically updated public sheet.

Then I replaced the text fields in the listing form with editable text-fields.

Users can now edit their listings within their ‘Profile’ tab.

Works well, except that when you edit the listing, there is no ‘button’ to hit when you are done. This might confuse people.

What a journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would make the records editable and use the pencil button to edit instead of replacing all of the fields with entry fields. Then they can make all of changes and click the checkmark to confirm changes or the X to cancel any changes.

The whole reason for creating a duplicate sheet is because Glide assigns any layouts and editing abilities to a sheet. Separate sheets mean you can control the design and editing abilities separately. If you look through the forum you will see me saying over and over that layouts are tied to sheets. Many people try to create different designs and layouts for each row item in one sheet, but it doesn’t work like that. I do hope that someday the ability to edit will be controlled so a user will only be able to edit when the email matches the signed in user, but for now the only solution is to duplicate the sheet.

With that said, there is a small loophole, but only for a single record, like a user profile. Glide will allow you to separately control the edit ability of a single record in the detail style view of it is at the to level of a tab, or possibly a link to screen button. When you create a second tab, against the same sheet, in a list style view, you can turn off editing for all list items and it will not affect the ability to edit the single profile record in the first tab.

Since you have several products, you can’t use this loophole and have to use the duplicated sheet method instead.

Thanks Jeff. I have done this successfully :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems so obvious once you do it. Like everything, it’s hard until you know how. I really appreciate the great support.

1 Like

Glad you got it. This seems to stump a lot of people. Hopefully Glide will make it easier some day.

Your app page has everyone can edit, why?? but another page you make User cant edit?

If you share the app can copy so I will show your page photo to revision created marketplace, We have creating marketplace also and now We have making step learn integrated payment gate from the third party…