Duplicate user profile

hi i made a user profile as your video shows. but it has duplicate entries. when use login for the first time as abc@abc.com, then registers their profile, it creates another row with the same email?

Possible duplicate of this thread, answered by @Jeff_Hager here.

1 Like

thanks yes seems to work now. weird it was fine until i upgraded to pro.

1 Like

Hi! It’s me again! I’m having this same issue. If someone signs in but doesn’t complete a profile, then signs in again but completes a profile, it creates two rows, one that is empty except the email address and another that has the completed profile. I saw the explanation above, but I’m not sure what it means. Would you mind helping me out again? Thanks!

If I create a button with a link to screen action, I can add components for the user to fill in profile info, but there is no submit button because it is technically not a form???

Entry fields on a detail screen that’s filtered by signed in user are updated to the sheet instantly be for that user. There is nothing to submit as it’s already updated once you enter it. If you wanted, you could just display the details and enable editing instead to allow for updates where a user needs to submit the changes.

1 Like

Ok… Gonna try it! Thanks!

2 Likes

Here’s an idea for you, just like what Jeff said, use multiple entry components for the user profile, then let the user edit it instead of completing a form.

2 Likes

@Jeff_Hager and @ThinhDinh It’s working now! Thanks! But now I think I broke my app. One of the tabs keep crashing when I click on data. I’ll sleep on it and check again the in AM. If it’s not one thing it’s another! Ugh!

1 Like

You’re not alone Dr. I just experienced the same thing in my test app, the data shows nothing in 1 tab and when I refresh the screen goes white.

Did you ever get this to work again?

1 Like

Yes… Thank you! It was something on Glide’s end.

1 Like