Duplicate Components

Hey all,
I’m developing an FAQ tab in my app. That tab is linked to a Google Sheet that has the “Question” column and the “Answer” column for the FAQs. I’m displaying the data as a List. I want one of the questions to display a link from the spreadsheet however, when I add a link component to that particular question, Glide adds it to ALL the questions. How do I differentiate the components so when I add one, it doesn’t appear on all?

Many thanks in advance!

2 Likes

You can add a “Link” column to your data and show that as a link component. If the link is empty for other questions they won’t affect them, it will only show up in the question where you add the link.

1 Like

Don’t forget to create a relation between q&a otherwise link column will not work.

Welcome them to our community!

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing, thank you so much! As a newbie to Glide, that’s just made how the whole system works click in my head! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for this! How do you create that relation?

1 Like

You have the solution so I’m guessing you don’t need the relation? Because it’s on the same tab you wornt need to create a relation. I assumed the questions were going to be added to different tabs as well. But it’s a single FAQ tab so you will not need one.

Correct but thank you so much for coming back to me - appreciate the help hugely.

1 Like