Dream features - what’s yours?

Hi Mark

You can read my thoughts on Buttons linking to Tabs here: Can you add option to link Buttons to Tabs?

What’s a Template component and a Single Value component?

Hmm? When I was responding on this post it made a lot of sense: Can custom Rich Text fields include field references?

I’m not sure about the Template component now! I think I was thinking of it as simply an alternative to creating a Template column.

The Single Value component might be useful for displaying single values from other sheets. I first started “needing” it when I want to display the date on my Today page of my app.

CleanShot 2020-01-12 at 17.33.12

In the end I restructured my sheets and screens, and created a today sheet with just one row with all the bits of today data in it. However, this data is only available on that screen. I’d have to replicate it if I wanted to use it on another screen, using a single value column in that sheet.

Obviously neither is essential as the current method works.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by “Template column (and component) have the option to reference any sheet, not just the current”? How would that work, or what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

The point of that is about skipping the need for the Single Value column for templates. So, the Template column instead of looking in the Single Value column that you have to create first, could directly reference the single value source. I think that’s just tidier as it’s one step process instead of two, thus one pace to edit.