I’m using Webhooks for Sheets addon for my spreadsheet to be able to receive webhooks from anywhere. And then I’m trying to send a webhook from Glide. Generally it all works, but what i’ve noticed is the data continues to come to the spreadsheet. I only press the button once in Glide, but it continues to add new rows with exact the same data (even timestamps) with a few minutes interval.
So what’s happening here?) Am I doing something wrong? Or the problem is in the addon script maybe? Will appreciate any help, thank you in advance.
I think Glide will retry the web hook if it thinks it failed. The add-on you’re using may not be telling Glide that the webhook was successfully received (For example, it might be sending an error code back to Glide).
Okay, after some research and practice I think that the problem definitely is in Addon itself. Because I learned how to write a custom script to catch webhooks without any addons (thanks to this post) and my script works perfect with Glide — no duplicates or other problems.
So I think we could close the topic) Thanks to everyone, guys.
Oh, btw, if you’re still interested in this issue, you can go and install the addon and peek the script. I have not enough practice with coding to find the problem, so may be some of you could.