Distance column officially available

Official document

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/data-editor/computed-columns/distance-to-location

Glide's official announcement on Twitter

Some notes

• Compute distance between 2 locations, 1 needs to be stored in your data (can be address or pair of latitude/longitude).
  • Glide needs approval to use browser’s location to use this feature.
  • Distance calculated in kilometers.
  • The same quota applies here as for the map pins, which is 10 for free apps before upgrading.
7 Likes

This will be fun to play with. I assume we will just need to do the math to convert from km to other units.

1 Like

Yeah, but with a Pro app, obviously.

Why Pro only?

1 Like

I meant to talk about the quota with the free apps, so if you want to test something on a big scale then a Pro app must be used.

1 Like

Got it. That makes sense.

1 Like

Hola @ThinhDinh

If you use coordinates, you can use more than 10 map pins on your free APP. Here is my test:

Saludos

2 Likes

Is there a limit on this? Thanks a lot!!

Love it! Very useful for map & distance centric for sure :+1:

Two user-specific columns feeding two single value columns and one distance column allows me to filter 15000 addresses to those that are within a x-mile radius.

4 Likes

Hi Robert. Any chance of seeing the sheet & app structure behind how you did this?

Thanks

Here’s how!

5 Likes

That’s great. Thanks Robert. That’s all clear.
Out of interest where did you get your base data from for the list of clinics?
Thanks

Client had entered them. I surely didn’t import them :wink:

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto How did you use 15,000 addresses when the limit is 1,000 map pins? Your help would be really appreciated.

I’m never displaying all pins at once!

@Robert_Petitto
I have a similar list of places (E.g. place names and addresses) and, when looking at the details of one specific location I want to be able to add an in-line list that also shows ‘nearby’ places, where the other ‘nearby’ places are from the same list. For instance filter the in-line list of nearby places to within 4Km of the address of the place details being show.
Do you know how I could go about this? Is it a relation to itself and then pull in addresses and have a distance column? I have tried this but can’t work out how to do the relation part!

1 Like