Found a solution - please let me know if there is a better way!
The key I found is to keep everything, the sets & their corresponding items, on the top row. In this case, Cookbook Uno / Uno Relation (the recipes) / Uno Boolean are all connected & Cookbook Dos / Dos Relation / Dos Boolean are also connected all on the top row.
- Put each Cookbook (the set) on the top row
- Make the Recipes from each cookbook (the set items) into their own arrays, then turn those into relations - relation settings pictured
- Make separate booleans for each cookbook that live on the top row
- Make a list for each Cookbook or set you want, filter to display the one you want
- Make a list for each Recipe items that are displayed, each connected to a separate boolean.
- Set conditional visibility to show a Cookbook’s recipes if its particular boolean true (Show Dos Relation if Dos Boolean is true)