DIsable Screenshots of app - Security

Hi
I am creating an app for a training company who is concerned about their IPR being copied through screenshots of the app data.
Is there anyway to disable to disable the taking of screenshots of an app ?
Similar to what is done in banking apps ?

Many Thanks

I don’t think there is one option right now for this. I don’t think there are any perfect solutions either, when you get access to data then there’s always a way to copy it.

ThinnDinh
Thankyou for taking the time to respond.
I will raise a feature request as I think it is important

Thanks again

Rob

1 Like

I’d venture to suggest that this is an unsolvable problem.
As @ThinhDinh points out, once a user has access to your data, there will always be a way to copy it.
Even if the Glide team could figure out a way to disable the taking of screenshots, there would still be nothing stopping a user taking a photo of the screen using another device.
Where there is a will, there is almost always a way.

3 Likes

I agree with Darren. This is completely impossible. Devices don’t have a protocol in which users cannot screenshot things. And even if they couldn’t screenshot things, what would stop them from taking a picture of their screen with a phone? Nothing.

2 Likes

The only real and legally binding solution is Non Disclosure Agreements and training.

4 Likes

Guys really appreciate the feedback and totally understand that it is never possible to stop people copying if they really want to.
Totally agree that process and NDA’s are a major part of the security model.
I just wondered if it was possible to enforce a security policy to stop the screenshots in a similar way to the banks, accepting that it can always be worked around, via recording technologies etc

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Rob

2 Likes

Nope, sadly not possible at the moment.