Device specific values

Being able to use a choice component or a text entry component is a great way to use them as a way to filter a list. I have used this a couple of times to test out ideas. It works great, but one downfall is that the value needs to be written to the sheet. This forces us to have to either allow multiple people to share the same value and overwrite each other, or we have to create per user records, so each user has their own row to control the filters. There is also a problem with rapid changes of the value and the rate at which is syncs back to the google sheet. Sometimes rapidly changing a choice component for example will cause it to revert to a prior selection as it’s re-syncing to the google sheet. The Dynamic List Filter in https://concepts.glideapp.io/ is a good example of what I’m talking about. I’m wondering if this is in the works already as I see a new column option for user specific data in staging. I played with it briefly along with the preview as option. I wasn’t seeing the results I was expecting. Changing to a different user still showed the same value for both users. Obviously I don’t expect everything to be working in staging, but just some observations. (Also want to point out that I am unable to delete or edit the user specific data column after it’s created.)

This is another use case that I think would be great for something like this:

1 Like

Yes, i don’t believe we’re quite done with the staging version of that column & the preview-as feature @Jeff_Hager - but are working on it at the moment. I’m excited to see all the uses for this particular feature.

1 Like