šŸ†• Deep Links

What exactly are you guys on today? :joy:

2 Likes

Is that a link or a PHD thesis? actually on reflection it is a very very deep link

2 Likes

There are link shorteners that will work with your own URL. Check out yourls.org. Free and open source. You might even be able to work some glide magic to generate and store the links that would be used in yourls.org for sharing from the app directly.

1 Like

You might have to buy a shorten url service to customise it as pleased, even make it into a readable one.

You can find a cheap lifetime deal for using with everything in the future. It is easy to find from any deals website. This means a lot less for Glide team to do other valuable features without redundancy to other existing web services.

I say all this with good intention.

1 Like

Iā€™m very sorry about your proposition if you really know how Deep links are working now into Glide apps and what we can do with.
Or maybe Glide Team allows us to unable this feature until they provide short link and page title instead of Glide title for sharing and make link clickable (on WhatsApp for example) as i shared previously.

Thereā€™s a lot of info encoded in that url. I donā€™t know if itā€™s to help it render nicely on social media platforms, but definitely to help it redirect to the proper row in the app. Thereā€™s probably a lot more to it than we think as compared to just a long string of random text. Below is what it translates to.

(Partially obscured)

{ā€œtā€:11,ā€œsā€:ā€œclass-Made in Beninā€,ā€œrā€:ā€œf46fUQb2QLqXMUIK*******ā€,ā€œnā€:ā€œAg**** - Plateforme dā€™automatisation de businessā€}7

3 Likes

Great, it works. I used a wrong app. My bad. Ahaha! :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys,
I tested it with Row ID and Glide Table and in both the shared link was always the main app (ex: //name.glide.io/) and not the current screenā€¦
Am I missing something?

1 Like

And do they sell it? :rofl:

2 Likes

Tested and works fine,

Guys what are the workarounds for the importrange sheets ?

Good work and sorry for the very basic question: is there a way to use these links to navigate from-anywhere-to-anywhere inside our app?

Just Great!
It works. Also Bitly shortened link works.
But how could I copy this link from editor?
(I copied it from recipient end)

What @david explained in his opening post doesnā€™t work?

šŸ†• Deep Links

Maybe I missed somethingā€¦
I added the button > show sharing options > link to current screenā€¦
It works (only on mobile) but I donā€™t see how can I copy the link to clipboard?

1. Make sure your sheet has a row ID.
  2. View a details screen when running your app, not in the builder.
  3. You should see a deep link in your address bar. If not, let us know.
2 Likes

Thanks a lot David - Iā€™ve tried to find a way to copy it in the builder and not while running it - my fault
Great feature! I was waiting for it for a long time! Thanks!!!

@david, this is amazing! Many ideas that I wasnā€™t able to build are now possible!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Please @david, is it possible to disable deep links?
We canā€™t play with too long URL and Glide title on share card like on screenshot.

1 Like

If you only want to share the root app link, then I would place the url in your sheet with a template column, then point the share action to that column value.

Doesnā€™t work. Shared link ex: //name.glide.io/ and not the current screenā€¦