Deep Linking - URL's change?

It’s not entirely clear how the deep link process works, but as you can see in this post, there is a lot more to that url than just a random string of text. It’s also not clear what each part of that decoded url does.

I would have think that a deep link wouldn’t randomly change itself, but if some part that’s critical to the hierarchy of the app flow changes, then I guess it’s possible for the link to change.

My best guess is that it’s structured this way because you can potentially have your app set up to navigate to the same row multiple different ways, though multiple different tabs or multiple different lists. I believe that the deep link is trying to put you inside the same list or tab that you used to share the link. One key difference between a glide app and links to other websites, is that the link to a glide app will keep you inside the correct path to that screen. A simpler web link takes you directly to a page, but gives you no clues how to navigate there. On a web link you can’t hit the back button to navigate back up the hierarchy like you can with a glide app.

4 Likes