Custom Code Values Not Working in Components

Describe the bug:
App uses custom code in several places to return values that are used for relations and display in components. This worked great until this morning, when the values disappeared from the components. They all still appear in the data tables but selecting a custom code value or value that depends on custom code column as the value for a component yields blank result. Any help here is much appreciated!

Demonstration:
Video of Issue

Does your list have any filters applied to it?

Yes two filters both tied to custom code columns. When filters are removed the list populates but with blank values as in the image below. Thanks so much for your help!

Also worth noting that the custom code values appear in the database when using the builder on Chrome but not Safari. When the app is opened in the builder in Safari, the custom code isn’t populating at all - both external links and JavaScript written in app.

Can you explain what your custom code is doing and where it’s populating values from?

I see that you are using Row Owners in other tables. My initial guess is that your code is not finding any rows of data from other tables to help populate your working table. Glide is a little peculiar in the fact that the data editor will show unowned rows of data, and computed columns will sometimes use that unowned data. However, the app editor and the published app will fully respect row ownership and only show data that belongs to the user. My guess is that the user you are previewing as possibly doesn’t have any data to help populate your working table.

3 Likes

Thank you, found the issue! The code was manipulating a value from the user profiles table (row owners applied), the value in question was created by joining a list of custom code values from another table. The custom code values from the other table were created using two User Specific Columns as parameters. Re-working to remove dependence on User Specific columns fixed the issue and the values appear now as expected. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.