Create a Quiz with Leaderboard is possible in Glide?

Hello, I started to build a site on glide and I need to integrate various quizzes with a leaderboard to know if the content of my app is understood. The idea behind it is to be able to offer rewards each month and also make sure that the quiz can only be done once, without the possibility of starting over. I see few online tutorials that explain how to build them in an intuitive and pleasant way. Can you help me and direct me to a full tutorial please

Ps: I saw a template of Heber Medina but i would like build myself and add other option if its possible as make Quiz with Swipes or its impossible maybe an another option with “detail”

See ya

You might get some inspiration for rewards & leaderboards through @Robert_Petitto 's series.

Not sure if he has quiz in there.

1 Like

Quizzes in Glide are tricky if you’re hoping to create flexible questions/question types. Much more doable if you stick to similar format per question (only t/f or multiple choice, for example.)

3 Likes

Hi @Robert_Petitto as you are an expert and i will liste your advice , i am starting with a simple quiz if possible with leaderboard. I know that an app like typeform made it work for complexe form.

Maybe a vidéo tutorial for build a simple quiz and intergrated a leaderbord is possible ?

If yes ,maybe a vidéo exemple please ?

Thanks you for your return

As Robert said, it depends on how much you are willing to simplify your quiz form.

How many questions do you want per form, does the number stay constant through all forms?

What type of question do you want? True/false or multiple choice?

It’s a super tricky thing to do in Glide, and that’s just for the questions part. We haven’t even talked about validating answers and giving points.

2 Likes

Here’s a 30-min tutorial of how to create a T/F quiz + leaderboard from scratch. This is probably as simple as you can get while maintaining something functional and aesthetically pleasing:

5 Likes

Pardon the jarring typing sounds in the background.

Hola,

I developed a similar one months ago and it was a good challenge but I have to be honest: make an APP with the Glide’s current limits on updates/edits is complicated and not cheap. Also, the APP is a real “rows eater” if your quiz has 20+ questions and 30+ users (without a
static schema).

Unfortunately, too many edits and clicks will be generated by using USC. This is one of the cases where we need another solution/tool ​​to save users’ data/activities avoiding a permanent synchronization with the Glide servers.

Saludos!

4 Likes

Okay i understand the complexity. My goal is to create generally 4 questions by category with différent type

T/F and multichoices but only one response by questions never more one response even if its a multichoice.

So for the leaderboard you say that will be difficult to integrate that with a quiz in glide. Maybe i give up this Idea for the moment.

Thanks for your return

Okay , i go to check this vidéo. Thanks you for your Time

Very interesting your return. You have a link of your application or maybe you have give up and stop your work on that.

Hola @Kaijito

Unfortunately, I can’t share the APP link, it was a private development for a customer and I can’t give/show their idea and APP.

The game is played by groups and each group might has up to 5 members. Also, the game can have 20, 25, 30 or N questions. My customer can create N questions and follow results depending on groups, time, answers, points, etc.

The challenge here was to work with many groups at the same time. A game (a set of questions) can be played by 6, 9, 30 or 50 groups at the same time… As I told you before, it’'s a real “rows eater” or worse… a “rows/edits cannibal” :grinning:

Saludos!

Yeah, I can definitely confirm this. It’s never a good database structure…