Counting number of times signed in / last logged in date

Is there anyway to count the number of times the person signed into the app (Public App)? I see the App: Logins tab is created (assuming the “Time” is last login? or “Date created”)

Yes. Just use cointif formula in users sheet to count user emails in login sheet

Oh :man_facepalming: I did not realize that was a “log” - do these rows count towards the account limit @Uzo ?

I was actually looking to use this in the app - giving them “points” for logging in along with other actions they would take

Only rows in users sheet, log in rows don’t count

You won’t find App: logins in Glide, but if you want to use the data in your app you can make a copy of the sheet using a query or similar formula. Couple of things to be aware of though…

• although App:logins doesn’t count towards your row limit, if you make a copy of it and use it then all rows in the copy will count
  • it only shows actual logins. If a user just closes the app and opens it again a day (or a week) later, they’ll usually still be signed in, and so you won’t see a new login row
1 Like

Another approach is to make a button, let’s say “Check in for today” that the user can only click once daily to increment a counter column, it’s not perfect but if we want to give out awards then I think it’s ok to do it that way :wink:

this was a year ago, is there another way right now ?

It was actually two years ago :slightly_smiling_face:

But no, nothing much has changed here. The approach suggested by @ThinhDinh is still probably the best one.

1 Like

Still not really 100% relevant because as was pointed out by Darren, it only counts a login when there is a login. But I used a query of the App: Logins sheet to get the last login date and total number of logins.

=query(‘App: Logins’!A1:B13,“SELECT MAX(A), B, COUNT(A) WHERE A<>‘’ GROUP BY B LABEL MAX(A)‘Last Login’,COUNT(A)‘Number of Logins’”,1)

That will give you that at least