Copy photo in row

I create a stock table and there are pictures of the products as well. When I make changes in stock, I need to put the products among other products according to their priorities. Since Glide does not allow scrolling in rows, I create a new row at the bottom of my table, copy the rows and paste them all to fit in the next row, so that there is a space for one row in between to add the new product. But when I copy and paste, the photos are not copied. I have to upload all the photos from scratch. Is there any other way to do this?

When I upload the photos to Google Drive and add these links to the rows in my table, I can copy and paste them because they appear as text files in the row, but this time it takes a little longer to upload the photos.

You can change the column type in Glide from Image to URL and then you can copy/paste very easily. Then just change back to an Image column to verify you’ve copied the right images.

Also, just a quick note about using image stored in Google Drive. Others have run into trouble when referencing images in Google Drive because apparently Google likes to change the links from time to time. You will likely have a better experience by moving those images to Glide’s storage.

So it was that easy? Thank you very much for your quick response and easy solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you go into more detail on this? I feel like you are making a lot of extra work for yourself? Why do you feel that you need to move all of data just to insert a new row? Is this just a sorting thing? Couldn’t you just apply different sorting to your collection on the front end?

1 Like

I’m very new to Glide and haven’t learned the if-then-else functions yet. I don’t have enough knowledge to do sorting. While I am developing the application, I am also watching the training series. Since I thought that trying to learn everything and get started might bore me, I preferred to learn different features over time while continuing to work.
If you have a link to Glide training content that you can recommend for the sorting command you mentioned, I would appreciate it if you could share it.

Sorting is just a simple configuration option available on all Collection components. There is nothing special or complicated about it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.