Convert existing Sheets-based tab (data, computed columns) to Glide Table

@David_Gabler We are looking into it and doing some work to make this possible.

2 Likes

@Nuthinking As a start you could convert google sheets to glide tables and only actually convert the raw data from google sheet and then of course add the special (like template column) glide columns. That would help me a lot

2 Likes

+1 - Glide already makes a copy of the Google Sheet. Then, it synchs changes both ways. In order to transition to Glide Tables-only, couldn’t Glide simply stop synching and remove the connection to the Google Sheet?

3 Likes

I could be wrong, but it seems that’s what they did with my Excel tab when I removed it from the workbook. All the other Excel tabs stayed as Excel sheets, and only the tab I had removed appeared as a Glide Table, and all the computed columns were still there, etc.

+1

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

+1 :grinning:

Sorry to be a pest, but this is the second most voted feature request, and it is getting more and more necessary to be able to convert sheets to avoid sync charges.

Just trying to bubble this up to get some attention.

4 Likes

+1

+1

any rumors on this? any chance this can happen soon?
or should i start on the journey of manually creating my 400+ column glide table

3 Likes

Any news about this feature?

Vote to please get it

common…

if i rename a column - all relegated info change also change it’s source or aim in case of column name.
all google sheets have a copy sheet in glide.
just make all link to glide table instead of google.

i try to remove google base:
“To Remove the spreadsheet, move existing Google Sheet columns to another data source or remove the features from your app that use them.”
ok. please give that possibility. all need - is just unlink google sheet. thats all!
i just remove a google sheet from googledrive - my app keep working. just i don’t have a copy in google. but i can’t remove a sheet. why?