Conditional access to Drag and Drop in Kanban

Hi guys, please
How do I disable the drag and drop feature in component kanban

1 Like

You can’t unfortunately. If you’d like the order or categories to remain the same for everyone, you may consider using a similar Cards layout & adjusting the “Group” setting under “Options”.

I asked for this feature over a year ago…still no update. Changing this post to feature request…please vote.

We need:

1. Conditional access to reorder within a category
  2. Conditional access to drag/drop between categories
  3. Actions upon switching categories

@BrettH

4 Likes

Yes, this is a huge problem that I am currently facing in my project, and I don’t know how to get around it.

Because I need to recording and take some data when switching between categories, but drag and drop just messes that up for me.

Any ideas to disable it?

@BrettH

Came to the forums for the first time in a while to request this feature. I’m very surprised the ability to re-order and move cards is not effected by the Allow Edit toggle. Ideally, they would get their own permissions with conditions, but at the very least I would expect disabling edit access would prevent them from moving columns.

I know! Vote people!

is this still not a feature? :disappointed_relieved:

There is a workaround. Duplicate the column you are using for grouping using a template column, and set that as your Group By field in the Kanban configuration.