Limit kanban movement

Hi. I need to limit the movement of the kanban, since many users use it and not everyone could perform this movement. I saw that there is no request regarding this, and I wanted to know about deadlines and total feasibility.

Create a Template column that duplicates the category/group column. Create two Kanban boards that are identical. Change the visibility on the first Kanban so only those users that can move the cards can see it. Change the visibility on the second Kanban so only those that can’t move the cards can see it. Change the Group By setting in the second board to use the template column.

1 Like

E como eu iria arrastar os cards, mantendo um modelo de Kanban?

If you follow what I mentioned above, this should allow those with authority to drag the cards and those without authority will not be able to drag the cards.

Obrigada pela sugestão, mas não acho nem um pouco interessante fazer uma gambiarra para suprir uma funcionalidade que deveria ser nativa… novamente, queria saber sobre prazos para a implementação, visto que mesmo com um plano caro, não estão atendendo as expectativas.

“Jeff, you should try it; the drag option can’t be prevented, maybe only with pointer-events.”

What plan are you on?

@julana You have a really good suggestion, but Glide has to prioritize a lot of other requests, enhancements, and bug fixes. Some feature requests have been around for a long time.

What I suggested would take less than 2 minutes to set up. You can wait months for Glide to maybe get around to your request, or you can make a small adjustment to get what you need right now.

If Glide ever fulfills your request, then you can make the appropriate changes to your app. But it’s up to you if you want to sit and wait, or get results today.

@Himaladin I have tried it and what I suggested works.

1 Like

Business, com a nova mudança.

@Jeff_Hager ok. Não serve pra mim.

Can you show us how you have it set up?

Yes, you direct the save group to a column that cannot be written (template column). I never thought about facing a case like this, so it’s interesting too. :flushed: :smile:

1 Like

This is the art of application. I think you need to try it, it’s simple but flexible. Because not everyone has the same demands, Glide also sometimes has a headache understanding people’s needs.

1 Like