⏬ Compound Action Examples: Contribute!

Right, we don’t yet have a way to attach a custom action to the Form Submit, but that’s a great idea.

2 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

Would a Go Back button hide the actual Go Back breadcrumb in the top left corner?

Ha, I spoke too soon. We have a bug in the Event Picker so we’ve temporarily disabled the new Actions.

:frowning: That’s what I was hoping to use this for instead of the crazy ways I’ve been doing it.

Temporarily being the key word there

1 Like

How long you think?

Will be available again in about an hour.

3 Likes

I think I figured out the form submission work around using this compound action. I can just have the button that would go to the form just go to the page where the form will be located then use the compound actions to add a row and input into the row the values already obtained then have the same button clear the temp values and on that screen just use entry locations for the rest of the form and create a compound button to take me back to home page via link to screen. f it works I’ll post the explanation in detail.

3 Likes

WHAAA!?!

IT’S HERE?!

My God, what did I miss during my lunch break!!

I know I’ve said this a billion times but YOU ALL ARE SO FAST!!
AGHHH THIS WILL BE AMAZING!!

3 Likes

@Drearystate I got you!!! That’s huge :fire: we can also, still in a details screen use user-specific columns to get the infos you need and use a button “Send” or “Save” (or whatever you want) with compound actions and instead of the “send” button we have in right corner at the top

2 Likes

Exactly, decide what your submission button looks like and where it’s located, you could use a GIF, I know I will be doing just that. Pulsating Submit Button anyone.

3 Likes

Exactly!! Perfect

@david you think in a future we can create Compound Actions per account… I mean, where we can easy access or implement that “saved action” in different apps?

1 Like

If you think about it we would be already able to to an extent. Using the if then else in the action as well as user information you can have the google sheet do vlookups to find specific links that that user needs and use the if then else criteria to take to a couple of different options depending on that.
And with user visibility label a few buttons the same for everyone but only some are visible to specific users and also some are visible based on that same if then else because that could input values on rows that render them visible as well or invisible if needed.

1 Like

I used this technique to make a 360 view of a park in glide a few months ago. I took still images moving 3 degrees roughly every image then put buttons in glide that when pressed input a number and the image was looked up using the totaling value in the columnand when the column value exceeded increments of 360 it started at default image. It was time consuming and was a little laggy but I got bored…

3 Likes

Let’s continue the discussion here:

OMG, this is gooing to be a lifesaver! Love the go to tab idea. Finally!

3 Likes

Ok, so I was messing with this last night and it turns out that enough combinations of actions provided can pretty much do this for us. I stacked 4 “Go Backs”, 5 "Set Columns, 2 “Add Rows”, and 3 “Ifs” and 1 “Notification” it all worked seamlessly. I’m telling you that was an amazing feeling right there. 15 commands to perform the correct navigation entering data, notifications, clearing values across multiple sheets and I did this all at the ned. So it performed like a form by allowing me to navigate back to previous pages and clearing contents of those pages questions as well as check criteria. My next task will be approximately 30 actions. I will make a video to highlight this if anyone is interested.

4 Likes

Scary! I must hear about this!