Clear a screen input after action has triggered

Hi,
I am wondering what the best way is to be able to clear an input on a screen. The input is a pin number that when entered then shows a check in button for the associated user.

What I would like to know is how I can clear that pin entry easily. As it is stored in the screen data - and not with table that the check in button action is associated with - I can not access the value for the pin entry to be able to clear it. Is the only way to do is to use a SV row for the table within users table - so that it is available to clear?

TIA

I’m not sure what you mean by this.
I see a text input component in your screen shot.
It doesn’t look like a Form screen, so I assume that text input is writing directly to a column somewhere.
So the way to clear it is with a Set Column Values action.
If it’s not directly accessible then you need either a single relation or single value → whole row column to the appropriate table/row.

Cheers Darren. It is as you guessed. And you confirmed my thoughts of what I need to do. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

If your users are signed in, then what you might want to do is place the target column for the text input in your user profiles table. This would allow you to read and write to it directly from anywhere in the App.

Yeah. I have a “dummy” signed in user - to secure the app. This user can not do anything - but it keeps the public out. The employees then use the pin number to clock in / out - this works great. As well as the pin entry I have some other data that needs to be “global” so will go with the sv → whole row option. :slight_smile:
Cheers for your time and help.