Choice 'Limit number of items' does nothing

I have a choice component that doesn’t seem to respond at all to limiting the number of items. I think this might be an ongoing bug? Would love some advice/assistance.

I can’t replicate that issue. Can you try deleting and adding the component again?

What type of data source are you using for the table that’s holding choices?

Looks like you might be writing to a relation. Is that true, and if so, can you explain why a relation instead of writing to a normal basic column?

1 Like

Because Glide defaults to this behavior now…I’ve run into this issue too, but it shouldn’t affect filtering…but I haven’t tested it with limits.

As @Jeff_Hager mentioned, point your choice component to the actual column you want to write to instead of using the relation and see if that solves the issue.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the comments. The relation is essential as this form is interacting with two separate Airtable tables. The idea is to create a new individual (in the ‘Person’ table), and at the same time check them in to a specific service/event (in the ‘Services’ table). So as I’m interacting with the Person table for this form and adding a new row, I want to add a particular service to the related field for check-in, which will really be the most current service on the day.

I’ve kinda made a work-around, but it’s a shame the ‘Limit number of items’ option hasn’t seemed to work (I deleted and added the compenent again with no difference) which would be at lot simpler.

I’ve just created a new field in my ‘Services’ table that can identify which service is the current one for that day or the past week. I THINK I’ve written the formula correctly, but I won’t be able to test until this coming Sunday I think. Here’s the formula:

IF(AND(IS_AFTER(Date,DATEADD(TODAY(),-1*

(WEEKDAY(TODAY())+1),‘day’)),IS_BEFORE(Date,DATEADD(TODAY(),7-WEEKDAY(TODAY()),‘day’))), ‘yes’,‘no’)

From this new field I’m now able to add a ‘FILTER DATA’ option that just asks if that field returns a ‘yes’ to display the correct service.

This will only help me in this particular instance of a Sunday service, and I’ll likely need to find a different formula or workaround for mid-week events.

I may have gone about this the wrong way as well - so I’m more than happy to learn and grow!

In the Services table, how are you structuring the data? I wonder if an on-submit action would work for your case instead of all those workarounds.

Can you show us the data structure for this as well? Say today is Wed then you want to only show the services that are on Wed?