Checkbox hides submit button when un-checked (not supposed to happen!)

Continuing the discussion from Must be "true" to submit a form:

I have a checkbox that hides the submit button when un-checked.

I don’t know how it got that way; I’ve tried building the form again from scratch, I’ve tried creating a new Boolean column and assigning it there… nothing will get it to behave!

There are two other Boolean items in this particular form, each with their own default values, and the default value of this particular checkbox is on - but that shouldn’t make a difference, right?

OH - and it only happens when 1 of three choices has been made in the form preceding it…

I’m going nuts here with this little bugger…

Either

1. Check that there isn’t visibility conditions on the button reliant upon the checkbox
  2. Check that there aren’t conditions on the action of the button that reference the checkbox

Screenshots and video will help.

1 Like

Here’s a video: Un-Check Greys Out Submit Button.mp4 - Google Drive

It’s a regular Form button, and I don’t know how to configure conditions for those, and there are no conditions on the checkbox.

Why do you need a form button that submits another row related to that request? Shouldn’t that info be on the same line as the original request or am I missing something?

Hm…

I wonder if maybe I’ve made this too complicated…

With Airtable, I needed to have a separate FORMS table for every table containing data whenever I wanted to pull information from the data table and then make changes to that table.

I’m smack in the middle of moving this app from Airtable to Glide sheets, and now I’m wondering if maybe I don’t have to do that the same way?

Can you explain more on the second form? What information does it add to the original request?

1 Like

Got it. The form request can’t submit an empty form…so when it’s unchecked, there’s nothing to submit. I bet if you type in some notes, you’d be able to submit the form.

2 Likes

AH! Yes, that was it. So simple. :sweat_smile:

It marks it as either approved or declined, adds notes, the number of hours approved (if any), removes the “pending” checkmark, and adds the “processed” checkmark.

So shouldn’t it be an edit form for the same row? Are you writing that to a new table?

1 Like

Yeah, I realized after your last question that I had been doing something that I learned in Airtable that isn’t necessary when using Glide’s tables - namely, I had the forms populating their own table, and then automating new rows and updates to those rows in the actual table I needed to use.

That insight combined with @Robert_Petitto 's brilliant time tracker template helped me re-build the entire thing from scratch, so now I have fewer tables to manage (and therefore rows), and the actions are much more straight-forward.

Thanks folks!!! I love it here. :grinning:

Shawn

1 Like

Great to hear! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.