Chatting?

Are users able to privately chat with just one or more users of their choosing? Or is it only a public chat that everyone with an account can see?

The native chat is a global chat. It has very limited functionality. For anything more, you really need to build your own chat. There are several chat related templates available in the Glide Template store.

Would I be connecting that chat template to my event Glide app? Or how does that work? I want it to be as easy as possible for my attendees and not force them to download and use different user interfaces.

No, the reason I suggested having a look at some templates is if you find one that suits your needs then you could use it as a guide/blueprint for implementing something similar in your own App.

Building your own chat functionality is not simple, so if you’re new to Glide then you’d probably find it easier to copy existing work, rather than re-inventing the wheel yourself.

If you don’t want to go to that trouble, then a simple alternative might be the Comments component. It depends on your needs.

1 Like