How to create a 1 to 1 and Group Chat in the same app?

Hello Everyone.
I’m trying to build a 1to1 and a group chat in one Glide app. I’ve found something online but no template or VideoTutorial about this specifically and it seems to be super complicated.
My database is on airtable. Is it something doable? And how should I structure it?
Hope someone can help me! ^^

Thank you in advance.

@Robert_Petitto Do you plan to have a template for this?

I have a group chat template already. It supports 1:1 or 1:many. I should probably revamp it now that we have a comments component, though.

2 Likes

Can you link it here so I can reference it later? Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Just submitted an update to this template so that it uses the new Comments component. It should be active in the next week :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Sweet!

Thank you @Robert_Petitto . Are all these chat private? I mean all the conversations should be visible just by the logged in user. For example, if you and I have a conversation, this chat should not be visible for a third person who logs in the app, that’s what I mean.
I’m asking because from your template, if I switch between all the users on top right, I see the same screen with the same chats of everyone and that’s not really what I’m looking for.

Waiting for your update!

Thank you in advance.

Good catch! Resubmitting the template. It’s possible, you’d just need to add a filter to the collection on the Chats screen.

1 Like