Cards Style

Daaaamn! The cards style looks SO slick!!

9 Likes

Nice find @eltintero! Wheels are already turning!

What does the header look like?

Can your de the attached image?
Jesus A.

3 Likes

Damn those look great. Good find!

Wait…AND overlays on images?

2 Likes

BTW…I’m calling it now: Soon Masonry will join this list:
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.27.35 AM

2 Likes

This is super slick. I see cards getting used all over the place. Thanks Glide!!

2 Likes

Are there plans on incorporating the card style into the map view, so that when you’re not looking at the map and pushpins, you can view the items in a list in card format?

A little tip. Since you can’t flip back and forth between list and map when it’s an inline list, you can create a choice component that controls visibility of a either a map or a list. Each are separate components, but the choice controls which one is shown. That way your could use any list style you want. Here are a couple examples where I’m doing something similar.

First a homegrown Favorites for inline lists.
https://6pbvq.glideapp.io/

Another that lets me flip between a map and a list. I changed to card style to demonstrate.
rwtsk.glideapp.io

This will be much easier and effective once User Specific columns are available.

2 Likes

My only request is a style setting when using a dark background. My Cards aren’t very apparent with a dark background (could use a lighter outline or lighter shadow effect). Looks great though, good job!

1 Like

Jeff, you’re a genius, I would have never though of this.
Thanks SO much for pointing it out.

2 Likes

Are these going to slide sideways like the tiles?

@Tim_Sullivan they will if you display them in an inline list.

1 Like

How do you control this when there are more than one user using the app at the same time? What if both the users are n the same tab and somebody toggles the choice component? The choice will be changed in the other user’s screen as well right?

@Manan_Mehta Make the choice entry write to one of the new user specific columns

3 Likes

Any way this could be done on a public app?

Yes, they should work on public apps too. Create the columns in the data tab and select the user specific option. I plan to update my concepts app at some point with this new feature.

1 Like

The new cards layout really ramps up the quality of the app UI and expands the possibilities. Well done Glide Team!

Images dont show up on my app.
I am trying to pull in the data from google spreadsheet, via a google form.