Can't get to a tab in app

My app’s URL: https://go.glideapps.com/app/XTKCuyZsN2fQmJRc7dSs

Hi. I’ve just finished two apps in the same spreadsheet. But can’t get a simple Profil Tab to work properly. This is what happens:

1. I build it in the IDE and it works beautifully.
  2. I lleave the IDE to dashboard and go back to Edit the same app
  3. When I click to open this profile tab, everything crashes into a completely empty screen. Not just in the “mobile” interface. Everything, nothing more the IDE. -> Same happens in a smartphone using the app
  4. I need to refresh the browser, wich leads me back to dashboard. I can edit de app, but never click to open that damned tab.

Justo need to solve this to release the app to my users. By the way, it’s a tool to help professionals in a barber shop during this Covid-19 pandemic. Thanks for your help!

Some new info…
If I enter IDE to edit my app and go to Data, the sheet wich relates do the problematic tab stays blank, I mean, no rows. If I get back to Layout and click the link to tab, the error happens.

BUT, if in Data, I select other spreadsheet and then back, rows are retrieved and now I can click the link to tab and it works!

It seems there’s some issues to get the data in this sheet, which has only 21 rows.

We’ll fix this. Thank you for reporting it!

Oh, great! I was going crazy looking for something I could have done wrong. Thank you, Mark!

Nothing you do should ever lead to Glide crashing.

1 Like

Hi, I am facing the same issue still - my app is suddenly glitching when I try the UI view instead of data sheet view. The user profile page just goes blank and nothing loads. After refreshing the screen I have to hop to some other tab and then try UI view to access it.

Do you have any tabs in your hamburger menu? Can you record a video of the glitch?

hi! thanks so much for responding… I just have the user profile tab and the homepage in the menu. my earlier app instance was wonky so i started afresh - ran into this again. i’ve started a third instance, which is (so far) behaving itself! there’s not much to record honestly - i click on user profile and it just does nothing or goes dark. the browser shows me a black screen. i’ve to go back to go.glideapps and then navigate into the page again.

That’s weird. Some screenshots or a video would definitely help.

So would your homepage always be visible to any users? Do you have any content on that homepage?

Thanks you- again, very awesome of you to follow up! :slight_smile: I went to grab you screenshots of what was (not) happening. And major weirdness - I had given up on that app instance that kept freezing, so I had tried the portal solution 3 times. Same thing started happening on each of those too! I gave up for the day after feeling solidly frustrated. Today on an off-chance I opened the original app that kept freezing on the profile page - didn’t make any change anything, just tried to access the UI view - and it’s working docilely (knock wood!). I have no idea why it just seized up yesterday across my account on all of the instances.

Is this some kind of invisible limit setting? I did notice that while the documentation says the free account gets 500 rows, for the portal only 100 rows were showing as permitted… Is there some cumulative memory cap? (Though I did try also deleting older apps I was experimenting with before, clearing them didn’t fix the problem though.) Mysterious are the ways…!

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.