Can we take data from one sheet and save our entries into another sheet?

I need to take data from a sheet that I will be using for a user to view, there will be a couple of fields that I will be entering my responses. The entered responses should be saved in another sheet with the date and time stamp. Is there any way to do this?

Yes, that’s possible. You’ll probably want to use a Form.

For the date/time stamp, refer to the section titled “Adding Special Values”

1 Like

Thank you for the solution.

Also, can we save each day’s entries in different tabs on the google sheet

Not easily, but why would you want to do that?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to save everything in a single sheet, and then apply filtering when you need to?

1 Like

Wanted to save the entered data for each day in different sheets

The math columns are not reflected in my google sheet. If I add a new column in the glide google sheet with the formula it’s not reflected in my google sheet and I can’t add math in the existing column. Is there any solution?

For this to work, you would have to create screens and forms for each daily sheet tab. If you add additional sheet tabs, then you have to design even more screens and forms. If you are willing to open the glide editor, connect the new sheet tab, and design new screens every time you want to add a new daily sheet tab, then yes it’s possible, but much more work than just using a single sheet tab to hold all of the same data.

Computed columns are computed directly on the user’s device when they are needed. They do not store data, so there is no way for computed columns to be synced to a google sheet. You would have to use a set column action somewhere in your app that would transfer computed column values to basic column values.

2 Likes