Blank screen when opening app

All was fine yesterday, but this morning, when anyone tried to use the app on their phones, it loaded briefly and then went to a blank screen. At the same time, if I went to my bookmark for editing the app, it loaded for a millisecond before defaulting to the generic Glide homepage. It’s working again now, but as I’m about to launch VERY publicly, I’m extremely anxious that the app won’t be stable.

We’re investigating now.

1 Like

Hello! Same for me right now (if you are looking for a smoking gun over witch investigating ;))

Would you mind sharing your apps, please?

teslasuperchargerguide.glideapp.io

Tell me if you need something else. I am in my car right now so I don’t have access to my laptop but I will help anyway :slight_smile:

Le sam. 26 oct. 2019 à 17:57, Mark Probst via Glide Community glideapps@discoursemail.com a écrit :

@ZeroWaste By any chance, have you changed your app’s short name? We don’t save links to prior short names to prevent link squatting. If you’ve changed the short name, then all existing saved apps will act as if your app has been deleted.

So it’s https://zerowastemapuk.glideapp.io/ This is what the bookmark on my (and other people’s) phones points to.

It just came back to life of its own accord. No problems since, but still concerning.

@Clement We’ve found the exact bug that’s causing your issues and we’ll be fixing it shortly.

We had a bug in the map view. Republishing the app (i.e. opening it in Glide and changing anything) “fixed” the bug, which I’m guessing is what you did, @ZeroWaste. It’s fixed for all apps now. Apologies.

1 Like

You rock :slight_smile:

Was it anything I did wrong ?

For info, I will very probably use « per user data » and « favorites » features soon. Don’t hesitate to tell me if this bug can be enhanced with these features.

Best,

Clément

Le sam. 26 oct. 2019 à 18:43, Daniel Sweet via Glide Community glideapps@discoursemail.com a écrit :

No, you did nothing wrong, it was a bug on our end, and it only had to do with the Map layout. It had nothing to do with per-user data or favorites.

Ok, Many thanks for this feedback.

Is there anything I need to do on my side? I just tried to launch the app but it still shows the white screen.

Have a nice evening !

Le sam. 26 oct. 2019 à 21:51, Mark Probst via Glide Community glideapps@discoursemail.com a écrit :

I’m afraid you’ll have to reload if you’re in the browser, and potentially re-add to your homescreen. We’ll fix that, too.

I did what you said and it works fine. Thank you very much!

Le sam. 26 oct. 2019 à 23:33, Mark Probst via Glide Community glideapps@discoursemail.com a écrit :