Being able to add roles from the app and not only the editor

I’ve tested that and it doesn’t work - even if I have the same role that I’m trying to set. ie. I’m an admin and I’m trying to give somebody else an admin role. So I think it only works when adding a new user (I haven’t actually tested that).

I’m with Pablo on this one, as I have a similar challenge.

One of my apps is essentially an employee database, and I have a bunch of roles (about a dozen) that roughly equate to department/position. I use these roles to determine what various groups of users can do and see within the app.

I want to give my HR (Human Resources) folk the ability to assign roles, but I can’t do this without also giving them every single role - which just doesn’t make sense. And even if I do that, they still wouldn’t be able to assign roles to existing users. And it gets worse, given this.

Ideally what I’d like to be able to do is give a user (or users) a “super-admin” role that gives them the ability to create any user and assign any role, and edit any user and assign any role.

But as things stand right now, the only way (that I can see) to assign roles in that way is to do it manually.

4 Likes