Automating PDF Generation from Excel Sheets Data for Company Processes in Glide App

Hello Glide community,

I’m seeking assistance for a project aimed at streamlining our company’s document generation process. As someone new to Glide, I’m amazed by its potential to automate business processes and would love some guidance on implementing a specific workflow.

Here’s what we’re aiming to accomplish:

Data Input: Employees should be able to upload an Excel file containing job information to the Glide app. Each row has 1 job.

PDF Generation: Once the Excel file is uploaded, the app should extract relevant information from each row of the sheet and populate it into multiple PDF documents. These PDF documents serve as templates provided by regulatory bodies and need to be filled out with specific job details.

Naming Convention: Each generated PDF should follow a specific naming format, ideally based on job details or a unique identifier.

Multiple Documents per Job: Each job in the Excel sheet require multiple PDF documents to be generated, and this should be handled seamlessly.

We’re looking for guidance on how to implement this functionality within Glide to enhance our workflow efficiency. Any insights, recommendations, or references to relevant resources would be greatly valued.

I don’t think this is very straightforward. I would use Make.com for this.

In Glide, allow users to upload the Excel file, then pass the URL through a webhook to Make.

• Download the file.
  • Iterate through each row.
  • Send relevant info to multiple PDF generation modules (either PDFMonkey or DocsAutomator).
  • Use the Glide module to bring back the PDF links in base64 form (providing they’re not too long) to the relevant columns. However, this won’t allow you to name files. If you need the names to be correct, upload to Drive and bring the Drive links back to Glide.
2 Likes