Ideas on best approach to generating PDF reports (Monthly Sales report)

Hello everyone,

I would like to get your expertise and input on the different approaches to generating PDF reports from Glide. I have a Sales Dashboard that looks like in the screenshot attached. This is a dynamic report where I can set custom dates (Thanks to @Robert_Petitto for your excellent videos on Dynamic Filters with Date Range :pray:) where the data is based on my Sales Orders Line Item table.

However, I would like to have the option to generate a PDF report based on the date range set in my dashboard. Also I would like the process to be as automated as possible. How would you approach this?

Here are a few options I consider (not sure if they are possible to build though)

1. CSV export and then I manually import this data to Google Sheets/Excel or Looker Studio and create my report. This is a lot of manual work.

2. Some kind of PDF generating app that receives data from Glide via a Webhook and Make. This seems like a nice solution, but could someone please understand the process on how to build this out?

3. Other solution?

Very grateful for any input you guys have on this as this is something I have never done before.

Thanks,
William

1. If youโ€™re on Pro plan or higher you could try PDF Monkey or Docs Automator
1 Like

Thank you Eric. I am currently on the starter plan though. Also, it would be great if it was possible to add Charts and Graphs to the PDF report.

1 Like

This one from @Loqode could work on starter.

1 Like

Thank you Eric, I will definitely look into this. Since I am currently using Make for some other things, I might look into on how to use a Webhook and Make with PDFMonkey or similar too.