Apps Vs Page

Absolutely. I don’t call them pages or websites, I call them mobile and web apps.

I include the word mobile because absolutely everyone has an idea what a mobile app is, and I find mobile apps feel more relatable than web apps.

2 Likes

You can add it just like Glide Apps.

Can’t wait!

2 Likes

What’s the difference between Apps and Pages in terms of the data updates?
The biggest Issue I have in Apps is the latency and missed actions for insert\delete\updates rows. Especially when the source is GS.
Is this any different in Pages?

BTW
@Robert_Petitto
@Darren_Murphy
@ThinhDinh
@nathanaelb
If any of the experts here know this subject I would love to hear your opinion on it.
Thank you for the help

1 Like

Thx, I have now figured that out. I had messaged the pages link to myself and it didn’t open in Chrome like the apps did, so there was an additional step.

1 Like

Pages might be a bit better in that regard, but there will always be mild sync issues when Google Sheets is your backend and you’re making the changes directly in the Google Sheet.

Using Glide tables / Glide API will always give you the best results.

2 Likes

Yes, this seems absolutely essential, as “make page from data” does not cut it. It leaves too much work left to be done, especially for large apps.

2 Likes

Do you know if there is there any chance that we might be able to reorder Glide Table data in the future? I keep some data on sheets because I can keep my rows tidy and reorder when I need it sorted out. It is too difficult to work with the data in tables when I’ve got 2k rows and growing.

2 Likes

I hope so. That’s a @Jason question.

3 Likes

I came on here specifically to ask for a ‘search rows’ feature similar to the current ‘search columns’ Which finds columns with things in the name. Many times I want to find all rows containing data.

1 Like

I believe if you use a CTRL+F or CMD+F it will search the data.

So use the search box in the data editor to search column names, and CTRL+F to search the data.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Just tried and while it ‘works’ (by highlighting the searched-for data), it does not collapse to just the records containing the data, meaning that while I formerly was scrolling looking for the data, I have just a little added benefit of it turning a pale yellow.

The search column feature collapses columns that do not match the search criteria. It would be great if ctrl-f would do the same for rows, especially on screens with lots and lots of columns, you not only have to scroll up and down but have to scroll right and left as well.

In my first attempt, it said there were two ‘hits’, but I only ever found one column highlighted.

So another way would be to highlight the column finding the data, and at the same time highlight the row (perhaps pale green).

No, it doesn’t collapse the data, and I’m not sure I would want it to. I feel like you would lose context if it did.

You shouldn’t have to scroll to find all of the highlighted data. I just click on the previous and next buttons to find the next and previous match.

1 Like

Sounds good.

1 Like

That’s a good red circle right there, @Jeff_Hager

7 Likes

For a kindergartener. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m sure that you planned the deployment as a “Christmas present” from Glide to Gliders?!
:gift::santa::pray:

1 Like