App is slow to start

Just voted. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

2 Likes

hola de nuevoā€¦

Any improvement by using my suggestion @TMAC50 ?

According to my tests, the issue still exists unfortunately. In order to know a little more about your APP structure, can you tell us for example: how many records are you storing, how many tables or columns are you using, etc, etc.?
Do you use many CSS code by any chance?

It seems that some calculations or internal relations/links are being created at startup (boot up) and while this process is running and not finished, your main screen is not shown. Some screenshots of your data in GDE may be useful.

Saludos Tommy!

Thank you for following up. It has not gotten much better. Some of your follow questions are things that I donā€™t understand (CSS, APP structure). I am not a tech expert. Let me know if this screenshot answers any of those questions. Thank you.

Iā€™m sorry for this @TMAC50

APP: Application. Your development using Glide
CSS: Cascading Style Sheets: it describes how HTML elements are to be displayed on screen, paper, or in other media. You can see some Glideā€™s tricks here:
Tell Glide how you use CSS

I just tried to see part of your data (structure) using Glide Data Editor (GDE)

Saludos!

FWIW, my apps were loading very slowly on my chromebook for a while and then Google released an update for Chrome and everything was zippy fast. Perhaps an update is needed on the phones? Any idea if they are using Safari or another browser?

That is a good suggestion. All devices are fully updated. Thanks

1 Like

Okā€¦So I removed the video on my home page, as someone suggested, but that didnā€™t change anything. Then I removed a background video that I forgot was even on my registration page, then it seemed that my app crashed (see attachment). After a few minutes, the app came back up and it is working lightening fast ( for now). I am not sure if this is because of the background video being removed or if Glide support was working on it too (I have been in communication with them. Can someone test it for me to see how it loads?

1 Like

Wellā€¦ I think we got it @TMAC50 !! :partying_face:

Iā€™m testing your APP and now starts in 8-15 sec on my iPhone. It works fast and normally.

Feliz dĆ­a!

Thank you for all your help, and for everyone who commented on this matter. This was my first Glide Community topic to post and I am overwhelmed by the interest and support from everyone.

5 Likes

Yes, my app also works very slow. The user is unable to edit the welcome screenā€™s text entry values until 40 seconds. The welcome screen is the first screen the user sees. But After 40-50 seconds the app start taking values. until then all the fields are greyed out.
Here are my app quotas, @TMAC50 what improvements you have made which resulted in improving the speed of the app.

you can test it here: VenEx

1 Like

I clicked on the app and saw what you were referring to. For me (and I still dont know for sure) it was a background video that was playing on the sign-in screen. Once I deleted that, everything worked as expected. I do not know much about the technical aspects of things but you might see if there is anything that is taking a long time to load before that screen appears. Sorry that I could not be much help. I know there are people on this feed that can help.

1 Like