API's/ Row IDs issue

Hey all, coming to you guys once again with a new problem. I’ve been working on a real estate app. I have the API feeding all the data into my app, I have everything parsed out. It’s actually really cool to see how much I’ve got put together using Glide and its features/tools.

I’m almost ready to launch the app but I am having trouble with tracking showing requests. Some background on how I have the app set up:

I’m currently using a “helper table” basically a user can input their search settings into this helper table. From there the info is constructed into a template column that is then used to structure the API call. This helps keep the app moving quick and so each person’s search is custom and doesn’t interrupt each others.

Now here is the issue I am running into, since each persons search is custom, the search results have different Row ID’s/addresses in each search (see attached). From my understanding the Row IDs are supposed to be pretty random but lets just say I have a random Row ID generated and it’s “xyz123”, well for one user it shows me one address, and for another user it shows a different address.

No real issues on the front end for the user. But I’m the one that’s going to be fielding these showings and I need to know what address they inquired about. I have myself set up as an admin but I can only see the correct address if I’m logged in as that user. I’m planning to have a few hundred visitors per month so that isn’t really feasible.

Any suggestions are appreciated, again I understand this is not an ordinary issue and realize there may not be a “fix” for this but wanted to at least ask the community! Thanks!

Might need to store the actual address or some other ID if the API is providing one instead of using the row id.

1 Like